Best stores for Homeware (bedding etc)

Hi All,

We have just moved to Gzira and have managed to find a lovely Apartment near the national pool. the apartment is very bare though and yesterday i went looking for home ware starting with bedding as I've not been able to bring all of our things with us. I could only find the english brands like Debenhams and M&S which of course seemed expensive. I was wondering if any of you could recommend somewhere relatively local i can go to?

Many Thanks in advance

my wife swears by these...

http://www.jbstores.com/

( I USUALLY STAND OUTSIDE SWEARING!)  :(

Terry

haha! that would be the same with my husband! website looks good, will try to go tomorrow although I am discovering the buses are not hugely reliable!

Thanks for the suggestion.

JB Stores sell almost everything you could want houseware wise.

I have only been to the one in Birkirkara, but it is spread over many floors & the wife spent hours in there.

Homemate in Mriehel is also good and stocks electricals

Hi :) Like Paulolly said Homemate is good, I work there and we sell pretty much everything :) Let me know if you want me to check anything in particular.

In case someone is looking for prices - we went shopping for quilts two weeks ago. Here's what we found:

Best & Less (Mosta): Most expensive, single quilt €28, double €32. No price tag on products though, we asked the shop assistant and it could have been the "foreigner price"

JB Stores (Iklin): Store looks small from the outside and a bit untidy but is actually quite big. Has a very good selection. Boyfriend bought king size 4.5 tog quilt for €18 (cheapest).

Tal-Lira (Iklin): Opposite JB Stores and the Maltese equivalent to a pound shop! We loved Tal-Lira since we were on a low budget and I found a good quality double quilt (doesn't state tog but warmer than my partners') for €20.

We'd previously been to stores in Sliema (Debenhams, Bhs, etc.) and found the selection to be limited and expensive. It's worth venturing out to Iklin for JB Stores and Tal-Lira :)

SoakandSleep.com
Debenhams.com

You will need an express trailers forward2me / maltapost send-on service via hub for delivery of above.

Next.com.mt    On clothes its Free del to Malta with >Eur35 spend,  Eur4 del if <Eur35 spend.
The Next shops (like many other branded outlets) in Malta apart from the price extortion will have last years/has-beens/cannot give away in a uk sale stuff.    Not sure delivery fee on homeware tho' ?

HouseofFraser.com    Also on clothes; the Courier is min. Eur6   ( Eur6 delivery will get you eg. 2 winter coats or 4 summer dresses or a hat in box or enough underwear to fill a whole drawer ! )  Again I Not sure on homeware del fee.

Hope that helps in someway.

You are replying to a post from a year ago!

Seems 'Chelleclover' is still active so she will be made aware of the post just the same, le le !

Hi Ewee,

Thanks so much for this. I have indeed now been in Malta for a year but the information is always helpful.