My hot mail email account has been hacked

I cannot access my account as it has been hacked , I am trying to contact the website owners , however I cannot sign in , can anybody help please ,

English Teacher in Malta ,

Marthese Marsden

Try this..

If your account has been hijacked, it is far easier to get things back on track. Start by attempting to log in to your account. At this stage, a blocked account will be diverted to a new page, headed Your account has been blocked, which basically explains why the account has been blocked and what you will need to do to restore access. Alternatively, if you've noticed odd behaviour or can't sign in because you have suspicions about your account, click the Can't access your account? option on the login screen and follow the appropriate options. This process begins by Microsoft sending a verification code to your mobile phone or alternative email address.

Once the code is received, enter it in the appropriate space – you will then be asked to reset your password, specifying the old password as you do so.

Terry

You won't have been hacked. It's because your in a different country and are accessing the account from an Malt IP. I've no PC so I have to call family in the UK so they can log on for me as the hotmail account wants to text a UK number. It's crap. Maybe if you have a PC you can bounce the ip off of the UK to see if that solves it?

Adi9626 wrote:

You won't have been hacked. It's because your in a different country and are accessing the account from an Malt IP. I've no PC so I have to call family in the UK so they can log on for me as the hotmail account wants to text a UK number. It's crap. Maybe if you have a PC you can bounce the ip off of the UK to see if that solves it?

We didn't have any problem when we moved from France to Malta and changed service provider.
Different IP address but it was no problem to login to our Hotmail account?

Terry

Adi9626 wrote:

We have been in Malta 3 years and I have always been able to log on to my Hotmail account without ever changing anything!
Ray