Moving to IPOH

Hi,

We are a family of three with a possibility of moving to Ipoh in Jan/Feb. We are living in the UK at the moment but we have been expats for 8years. We used to live in KL and both taught in an international school there.

If we except this new job (well hubby) I won't be working as we have a 13month old, we would like some info on expat living in Ipoh......I do understand it is nothing like living in KL however is there an expat community there? Are there other mommies and babies or toddler groups or places to take little one like soft play areas or parks........

Which housing developments are expat guarded and have clubhouses, gyms......is there a good agency you can register for help at home nanny/maid?

I look forward to all the responses,

Thanks
Lalagreen2013

Ipoh is a fine, safe city in the daylight hours, but you have to be very careful in some areas at night.
There's the Indian red light district near Pizza hut, and that has some very unsavoury people hanging about. 3 dudes were after mugging me as I walked back to my hotel one evening in that area.
There's also the ladyboy area, but that's down a back street where no one ever goes, save by accident as I did. That was a less than pleasant place, so I got out smartish.
Also note, single men booking into hotels are offered a 'lady'  as soon as you arrive.

As I said, in the daytime it's fine, but be careful at night.

hi ipoh is a nice place.things like food and rental are not that expensive like k.l.food there is very good.k.l is a hectic place to live.usha