Business opportunites - how convenient to open a small shop?

I would like to know how convenient it is to open a small shop, say grocery or may be a beauty saloon, in the country?

Do you already have many of them or do need some more to come up for your convenience?

It is very easy to start a business here but if you don't speak Estonian or Russian, you are almost certainly doomed to fail.  If you still want to go through with this idea, the best thing you can do is get a local partner.  He or she can deal with the public (customers/clients), while you deal with the non-public contact aspects of the business.  Of course, that means sharing the profits, but such is life.

I guess beauty salon is not the thing there are shit loads of them :D

tere to all!!!
we are moving to parnu. from turin in the north of italy by car to parnu!!!!..we are from italy and we are learning estonian and we speak english french and of course italian, we will try to open a little "italian hand-made pasta and pizza shop"....
it's a good idea?

Registering a business here is simple, but not necessarily easy, even for native speakers. There are non-inherent details that can be critical to early success which are not made clear in the registration process, or are so buried in the website, they might not be found without help from a registration agent (so why have a website registration option? smh).

The biggest issue I encountered that was not made clear is that there are some taxes that are not paid on accrual, but are a set amount that must be paid at the beginning of each quarter, whether your revenues can support it or not..

It's really hard to budget for a startup expense, or set prices to cover operating cost, that will not be disclosed until AFTER you enter operation..

This was my experience. Theories be damned! hehehe

Edoetody vi siete trasferiti a Parnu alla fine?
Ci stiamo facendo un pensiero..

edoedoty wrote:

tere to all!!!
we are moving to parnu. from turin in the north of italy by car to parnu!!!!..we are from italy and we are learning estonian and we speak english french and of course italian, we will try to open a little "italian hand-made pasta and pizza shop"....
it's a good idea?

vi siete trasferiti?

@ aniana10 > Can you please post in english on this english speaking forum? :)

Thank you,

Priscilla