Considering a move to Florida

Hello!

I'm a Panamanian Citizen, working as a consultant for a French Group which has a subsidiary in Florida. The group is considering moving the Panama operation (which is Latin America) to the US office, and has asked me to move and manage this operation out of the Florida office.

I've been with this group since early 2008, and my consultancy fee/salary plus expenses comes directly from the US Subsidiary. I have more than 10 years experience in this industry and markets. 

I have reviewed several work visas from the different websites and I really don't know which applies better for my situation. H1 visas seems to be the right way to go. Also L1 visas seems to be easier to obtain, but I don't know if I fall into that category since I get paid as a consultant right now and not as an employee. The position in the US will be as a regular employee if I get to move.  Also, costs, taxes and other implications regarding a move to Florida.

Does anyone have any experiance in this? Is this a special - uncommon case?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Panama1

Hi, my name is Anita and I noticed your post. I live in Boca Raton,Florida and am interested in renting my beautiful Condo Home which overlooks the pool and is located near the main freeway to West Palm Beach about 25 minutes.I was just wondering how you are comming along. I don't really have the answers to your techical questions because it is all new to me, as i am looking to move out of the country maybe to Panama.