Marriage concluded abroad Hungary ,PLEASE REPLAY

Hello everyone i am Egyptian and my wife is Hungarian and we both got married in Egypt due to the Egyptian low then we delivered all the required papers to the embassy of Hungary in Egypt in order to register our marriage and to be legal in Hungary 6 Months gone and till now every time i call them they tell me "there are no information about your papers"  it's weird  but now we need to know the contacts of the responsible office of marriages concluded abroad Hungary to know the situation of our marriage papers and we need to know if we can go to Hungary and get the marriage extract from that office or not and what if they lost the papers what can we do ? tell me please if there's any online service that allow us to get the marriage extract as we do have here in Egypt.  thanks to everyone

Sorry, can not really give much info on this. Only wanted to tell you I would not count on using the internet to get any official info or documents from Hungary.
They still are far behind with using the computer to speed anything along.The marriage papers in HU usually are recorded inside the city hall of the district where one was married from what I understand.
For foreigners I know the immigration office had a building on their grounds that just took care of marriage documents.
We went in for my resident permit to have them look for some records, what a joke that was. They recogonized me on my son's marriage paperwork as his mother but when asking about my marriage of nearly 40 years to a HU citizen they didn't have a clue as to who I was.
I hope this works out for you but you may have to bring all your papers with you to HU and figure it out there in person. Immigration office in HU offers little to no advice.

muhammed-tal3t wrote:

.... it's weird  but now we need to know the contacts of the responsible office of marriages concluded abroad Hungary to know the situation of our marriage papers and we need to know if we can go to Hungary and get the marriage extract from that office or not and what if they lost the papers what can we do ? tell me please if there's any online service that allow us to get the marriage extract as we do have here in Egypt.  thanks to everyone

Procedure here says it can take 3 months.  Did you follow the process?

Marriage Concluded Abroad

Thank you for your replay, i did all the procedures and presented all documents and application last may 2015, till now i didn't receive any response from the Hungarian embassy in Egypt and every time my wife calls they tell us they don't have any information about our marriage certificate or about our documents that we presented also they recommend that we shall wait for another six months.

thank you for this information i think  travelling to Hungary to finish this papers is a better idea and also to issue the Hungarian passport for our son as we don't want to issue any other paper in the embassy.

Hi Muhammad, Actually I have the same case of you where we registered our marriage from the Embassy in Abu Dhabi, but to be frank, there was a missing paper from my side, which actually the registrar office sent to the embassy, but the embassy delayed to respond to me in that, however I was able to arrange that paper and the consul was a very helpful person and we got the job done through them, but it is common to take sometime to get your paper done, let us share the experience together and wish you the best.

Welcome to Hungarian bureaucracy! You could be technically "single" for years in Hungary! LOL!

That is funny and so true, technically still single in Hungary.
They don't know what their doing most times.
I know the district city halls keep marriage records of those married in Hungary. The immigration office in Budapest has a building on site that just handles marriages from outside of Hungary.
Slow is the key word for anything official in Hungary.
My American/Hungarian dual citizenship son married in Hungary to a Hungarian only citizen.
I have been married since 1978 to a Hungarian/ American citizen.
We married in the US.
At the immigration marriage office they had me down as the mother of my son all in good order for his marriage, when I applied for a resident permit for HU they acted like they didn't know I was married to a HU citizen on one hand but I was good to go as the mother on my son's marriage documents.
They actually pulled out my son's paperwork over their computer system and told me I was listed down, they at that time however would not recogonize my legal marriage to his father.
I told them my son has since divorced his HU wife in the US, as far as they are concerned he is still married to her in Hungary.
Should he ever visit HU with his current wife he may be a bigamist!
Good luck, bring ever scrap of legal documents you can think of with you to Hungary, they have computers but are unwilling or unable to access legal documents online, documents that are all public knowledge outside of HU and posted for free.

Thank you guy's for these informative replies currently i am living the nightmare surprise  i am in Hungary and trying to register my marriage certificate but believe it or not the immigration office at 7th district is the only responsible office for our papers because the embassy sent our papers there also guess what they work only in Wednesdays, also guess what only from 8.30 to 12 only for 3.30 hours per week wooow really i can't find any words to say  and i still have to issue my son's birth certificate.   :mad:

muhammed-tal3t wrote:

they work only in Wednesdays, also guess what only from 8.30 to 12 only for 3.30 hours per week

Yep. Typical public open hours. Welcome to Hungarian bureaucracy.  ;)

klsallee wrote:
muhammed-tal3t wrote:

they work only in Wednesdays, also guess what only from 8.30 to 12 only for 3.30 hours per week

Yep. Typical public open hours. Welcome to Hungarian bureaucracy.  ;)

They are doing important work, like knitting woolly hats, reading the newspaper and working out where in this week's batch of new working procedures imposed from on high they can slowly officiate over.

Weirdly (maybe) though, this bureaucracy does not apply equally through the system.  It takes only 2 weeks to get a passport whereas a land registry update can last for years.