Looking for friends

before I move to Mexico. I want to know everything. how much it costs to live there? what there is to do? what is requirements for pets

Start by making trips there.   Find an area you like and  then start to make friends - Mexican friends.  Learn Spanish so you an talk to everyone.  Travel around a lot to know the country.

thank you so much

You can have such a fun time doing this too.

paty wolf wrote:

You might center your trips around archaeological sites.

Cancun and Merida are close to Chichenitza and Tulum.
Monte Alban is close to Oaxaca.
Palenque and Tuxtla Gutierrez are close enough San Cristobal de las Casas and other potential places to settle.
There are many attractions in and around Guadalajara that put you close to Lake Chapala and Ajiic.

Of course, if you're a beach person, there is no end of possibilities.

paty wolf wrote:

The fun of being able to travel around Mexico during a three year work assignment was what convinced me I wanted to retire here.  I've never looked back.

Fast answers. Costs, about half of the USA. Often less. Hair cuts are about 100 pesos,$7)  versus $18 to $22 dollars. Pets read the Consulate directions. To learn Spanish take the easy way. Buy Pimsleur MP3's for your smartphone and do a half hour of listening and talking per day without fail. The Navy Seals, FBI both endorse using Pimsleur. Much better for learning to speak any language not just Spanish. As far as what to do. If you live in an area with Mexicans more than likely you will be adopted by the locals and find yourself invited to do what the are doing. Typical activities going to the movies, driving out of town to have lunch in interesting surrounding cities, discussing the local politics of the city you chose plus what do you think of Donald Trump. Just insist he is not mentally stable and your will be accepted :-)

Gee most of the people I know in Playas (locals) like TRUMP!

Thats odd, No one I know likes Trump. They must be teasing you  . I just completed a trip from Campeche to Arizona, stopping in many towns and staying for a few days in some of them No one I met on the trip had a nice thing to say about Trump. There were a few unrepeatable comments though.