Living in Marin, Tiburon CA after 25 years overseas...

Dear All,

I have lived all but 10 years of my lovely life overseas and recently returned to America a few years ago.

Lived in Brasil, UK, France, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Guam and Philippines. We lived in Manila for almost 14 years...and now back in the USA. Learning to love America again but is a slow process.

My wife, is British Chinese and a Ballet Teacher with her own school, Poise Ballet, in Corte Madera, CA. She is teaching all children from the age of 3+ in a great location. She is new to America and learning to love it too... She Teaches Royal Academy Dance and is a RAD ARAD certified teacher.
Terry, is welcoming to all Americans and Expats living in Marin.

We are learning to find our way around and meeting many expat's living in our area.

Cheers,
Ted McDonnell

Hi, hubby and I were expats in British West Indies and loved it. Now on way for 1st visit to Italy. In panic as getting conflicting info. We dont want a car and will use trains and buses. Going this February and 2 weeks March. Arriving Rome and staying 3 to 4 days at most. Train to Florence and renting apartment. Live with locals and take day trips as well as see important sights. Will do overnight or two in Venice. Then move to Naples as base (by train ) to see south of Italy. On limited budget. Want best choice of 2 towns as bases (for now it is Florence and Naples) so we can access mass transport and have we divided our 6 weeks up the best way? All tips and suggestions appreciated. We are mid-70's and in decent health and shape. Thanks, Katie