What options getting dog from Brussels to Bulgaria

Hi - Seen region I want to relocate to in Bulgaria (VT region).  Ready to pack & move but have big headache on how to get my dog from Egypt to Bulgaria.  1st part I may have sorted - fly from Sharm-el-Sheikh to Brussells. 

My problem is how to get my dog from Brussels to Bulgaria. Is it possible to take international train from Brussels to Bulgaria??  Another airline from Brussels to Sofia or another Bulgarian airport that will accepted dogs, but this could mean big waiting time between flights & maybe stricter rules on the crate/dog??  Any other options anyone can think of?.  Car hire is probably out because my husbands UK photo card is expired (like so many of us he did not know they only lasted 10 years & have to be renewed)  His actual green paper counterfoil is in date until 2022.  He does hold an Egyptian driving licence & I have been told it is permitted to use a non EU driving licence for 1 year, but will a car hire company accept that.  Maybe hire someone or a company to undertake this stage of the journey?  So any ideas please, we are desperate & ready to move from Egypt but sorting route for the dog is holding our relocation up.  Any help will be extremely welcome.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but there is a ferry that operates between Alexandria and Venice; follow this link for more details.

Perhaps you could all travel together.