A CA with no Experience - 800 Rials per month Feasible?

Hi friends

I am recently qualified chartered accountant. I have been offered 800 rials per month from a company in Muscat. I am 25 yrs old and I am unmarried. Is this really a good start for CA and is the pay a reasonable one for CA?
How much can i save from this? I must be meeting all expenses as the company has provided me a consolidated package.

Thanks and Regards
Arun

Hi arunkrishnan005,

First job, R.O. 800/- is not unreasonable.

But what this figure includes and excludes would decide on whether it is really good or not.

Certainly career wise, it would be a setback.

Agree with Sumitran .

The choice ...as I had mentioned to someone else in the forum , is between , earn a few bucks more now and lose a lot more later ...or hone your skill set now to reap dividends later !

Best Wishes

Thanks for your input.. I am planning to do CFA also.. So it will take a time of 2 years and after completing that, planning to move back to India as Investment banking sector have good opportunities for a CA with CFA.
So till completing that, will be in in this job.

Thanks
Arun

for initial stage it is really good. and if company will provide accommodation and transport then it will be the best package.

The company as of now has not provided me with accommodation though they provide for transport.

nop... here is your total expenditure in muscat

1) Accomodation: 200 OMR (Startding single room from 100 RO also maximum 200)
2) Food: 50 RO (maximum in good mess. including breakfast, lunch & dinner)
3) Transportation: 10 RO (If company provide transport from / to your accommodation to office)
4) Other personal exp: 20 RO

maximum expenses 300 RO

you can easily save 500 RO like inr (85,000) K monthly guaranteed