Bringing my little 9lb. dog with me to Abu Dhabi

We are considering an assignment in Abu Dhabi.  I have read some things online about Abu Dhabi not being dog friendly.  We have already decided we will use one of the "pet import services",  so I think the trip over will be pretty smooth.  However, my question is about finding housing where we can have my little dog and where I would be allowed to walk him?  We do always pick up his "leavings" and he does not require a lot of exercise.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Where is your work location in Abu Dhabi? As mentioned, some places in Abu Dhabi are not pet friendly, but certain areas are. Most of the people who are having dogs prefer to live in Khalifa city, but you need a transport to that location since it is in the out scarce of the city. Sill you have locations like Al- Bateen Marina, Khalidiya etc inside the city limits, but you need to check since some apartments will not allow pets inside. I'm a pet lover and I have a cat. (dogs are not allowed in my apartment). I am also a member of Animal Welfare Abu Dhabi, so If you can mention your work location, I think I can suggest you an ideal location.

Hey, I know it's been ages ago. But how did go with bringing your dog along? I have two schnauzers and have no idea what shall we do if we are to move….