Marriage Visa

Hello. I would like to know what are the procedures  and papers needed to get married with a Brazilian and also if the marriage certificate will be recognizable in Mauritius? Thanks in advance :)

Hello NilamVrt,

The information you want for marriage in Brazil can be found in the following topic thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280525

A Brazilian marriage can be recognized in Brazil, however there is no Embassy or Consulate-General for the Republic of Mauritius here in Brazil. I don't know how you would go about registering a marriage here without a diplomatic representation in Brazil. You may want to check with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out what you would need to do to register a marriage that is celebrated in a country that has no Embassy or Consulate.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello. I will do that. Thanks a lot

Hi there,

The Brazilian embassy in Pretoria handles all procedures for Mauritian citizens. Mauritius and Lesotho falls under their jurisdiction. I live in South Africa at this moment so I have been applying from here whenever I do travel to Brazil but there is an honorary consulate in Mauritius from whom you can get more info although they will most likely tell you to email the embassy in Pretoria for more information. The honorary consulate in Mauritius are much swifter with their responses so do contact them as well.

Hello Oweezy07,

Thanks so very much for your important feedback on this issue. Your information regarding the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Pretoria will help me greatly in assisting our members.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team