Initial Rental Place

Hi All

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me out in finding a place. I'm all set and will be arriving on Nov 24. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you for a drink or coffee or something. Of course, that's after a nice long siesta once I get settled in. I'm exhausted trying to get ready for the move. Who knew all the things that come up when moving out of the country. :)

For those looking for a place here is info on places I was interested that I believe are still available. I got a great offer from someone for a nice place in Placencia; I liked all of these just happened to work out for this place.

Moderator - I'm not posting ads simply referring people to places I had looked at in hopes it might help them which I believe is the idea of the Forum here. Thanks in advance for leaving the info online so others may benefit.

Corozal Town

Oscar Riveroll - oscar.r_3k4n8ko [at] bm.flipkey.com
1 bedroom and/or Studio - both are very nice. Decorated and furnished well. He is willing to negotiate the rate on either for stays of a month or more.  The link below is his listing for his stand alone Cabana. He also has another place on the property. A really nice fellow and very helpful in answering questions and such.

https://www.flipkey.com/corozal-town-ca … 6/?m=24873 - Disregard the nightly rates. Scroll down to just below the Calendar section and click Show Rate Details and you'll see the weekly and monthly rates, which drop quite a bit. These are starting #s and he's willing to negotiate for longer stays.  Also, scroll to his picture and below that click Show More to see his other places. Disregard what the calendar says. Seems people don't update their calendars a lot on FlipKey.com

Dave & Sherri - sherriscape [at] hotmail.com
NEW 1 Bedroom downstairs right on the water. This was available as of yesterday. 500 sq ft right next to the Almond Tree Resort. The live above 6 months of the year. The rest of the time they leave it vacant. Really well built place made to stand up (and stay dry) during the heavy rains and/or hurricanes. I had long emails and also spoke to them at length on the phone. They weren't sure if the place would be available until Nov 4th and I didn't want to wait that long to get a place. Super nice and very, very helpful. They are not listed anyplace. they replied directly to a post I had put up. You can see there place at . While they only want long term rentals ($500 + partial utilities  - they will explain).  Since it's not listed you need to contact them directly and they will send pictures. They arrived in Belize last week and I have their local phone number to call if you need it.

David & Bernie Ross - davidarizona33 [at] gmail.com
https://www.flipkey.com/corozal-town-co … s/p268507/
They have an incredible 2 bedroom that I was going to rent but, it wasn't available early enough. The do have it opening up in March, I believe.  He's an expat from US and had a lot of great info to help with my move. I'd definitely get hold of him and try for this place though it's $725 a month.

Placencia

Claudia Hardegger - oneworldplacencia [at] yahoo.com
http://www.oneworldplacencia.com/ - She had a place available that looked pretty nice and she is a real super lady who went out of her way to give me special rates I could afford even though she only had the one opening. I didn't see her email in time so took the other place. She's an expat from Germany and known throughout the community.

I think that's all I have right now and I hope this helps someone find a place. I'm happy to send you telephone numbers, email addresses and such if you want it. You MUST have Private Messaging ENABLED in your Preferences for me to do so.

See you all in 2 weeks! Assuming I ever get all the things on my To Do list done in time to get on the plane!

Cheers!
BobbyG aka JungleBob (so my daughter calls me)

There is no little envelope, Bobby.  Nada.

I've noticed that the top menu for the site isn't on all pages for some reason. Try clicking on the Expat.com icon at upper left; if no there, just go to https://www.expat.com and it should be at the top.

They need to do a bit of work to clear issues like this up.

:)

Nope Bobby, It's nowhere.
Expat.com icon at upper left;  Nope.  Not there.
if no there, just go to https://www.expat.com  Nope.  Not there either.
:::sigh:::   :(

@mbarlow > i have activated your private message system in your profile. It should work now.

Thank you for assisting this computer illiterate person.

$200 a month is absolutely nothing for electrical. Try Arizona where can run as high as 700 a month during the summer. I'll be so glad to get away from 120 degree heat! It makes it feel like we're freezing to death when it's 70 degrees out. Right now the temperature drops about 40 degrees  in a couple of hours from the time the Sun Goes Down.Belize here I come!

:::chuckle:::"freezing to death at 70 degrees."  That's funny Bobby.  I had to escape Belize for a bit when the 90 degree hit!  I'll be returning soon, but I have to wait until Consejo road is passable again.  Right now it's an un-warm 46 degrees in Scappoose Oregon.  I have donned 2 sweatshirts wool sox, and heavy sweat pants.  My utility bill here was a whoppin' $200, so no matter where I go, that's what it will be, unless someone can invent an air conditioned jumpsuit for me!  If so, I'll buy.  For now, Bobby, I'm stoking the wood stove and keeping the place at a warm 56 degrees!  Woo Hoo!

turn on your private messaging

I definitely would not rule out the Cayo District. I have lived in San Ignacio and Santa Elena for 30 years and would not want to live anywhere else.

I can probably assist you in finding suitable place to live.

Send me a private message.

John