Initial Rental Place

Hi all
I'm coming next month (Nov) and want to find a 1 bdrm or studio. I'm looking at Corozal, Caye Caulker, Placencia and am open to other areas. I'd like a place for 1 - 3 months so I can spend some time in the area to check it out thoroughly and hopefully that length will help keep the cost a bit lower than just doing a week at a time. I understand every town really has it's own community, benefits, detractors and so on. Once I figure out a place I want to live, I'll go for a long-term rental. I'm definitely making a permanent move but need a way get started on the venture, I'd like to keep the cost to $650 per month or lower.

I've got a line on a good deal in Corozal but won't know until Nov 4 if it will be available for sure and I'd like to line up something earlier so I can buy my tickets. Also a couple in the San Ignacio area but that is definitely not my first choice as transportation is needed more than other locations. I've seen a couple on VRBO for 650 a month in the Hopkins area.

Part of my problem is doing it online is somewhat a crap shoot that it will be a stated. Anyone got any places they can suggest or maybe an reliable agent who can work with me?

If I have to do something short term just to get started I've looked at a couple of places in Corozal so far but haven't made a commitment to anyone (Hotel Maya in Corozal is one, RansomsHotel.com is another). Nokia's Place in Placencia. Does anyone know anything about these?

All help is appreciated. I'm really looking forward to the move.

Cheers
Bob

Try this site, Bob   https://www.google.com.bz/?gws_rd=cr&am … 7080619499

Phone:422-3329

I had to stay there last night as the road to my house was flooded.  It looks like a motel.  Cost is $77 BZD/night ($38.50 USD).  Is close to the heart of town w/1 room overlooking the bay...which is the one I had for $77.  They also serve early morning breakfast and (I think supper).  Rooms are equivalent to motel 6.  Good luck!

Marcia in Consejo

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed on forum. Please drop advert in Housing

Which town?

If your place is available about April 2016, I am interested

Ruth from San Diego CA 6**

Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that

Corozal.     Send me an email if interested.     I can send pictures

I don't know how to send you an email.  Are these short term rental only?  I live in Corozal, but I have a friend in town who is looking for an immediate opening.

Reason : Sharing of external links as well as email address not allowed on the forum.

I am insterested

Kristin - I sent you an email to the first address you posted the other day. If you didn't get me please let me know right away as I'm very interested. I copied your other address and can send to that if need be.

Moderator: Kristin was responding to a post by me looking for a place when I arrive next month. Doesn't seem like that's advertising. Others have replied though they didn't have anything.

Please leave her posts up -- some of us are definitely in need of housing and this seemed to be the place to discuss it due to topic name.

Thanks
Bob Gibson

Ms barlow.   You can private message me at this bog site with either your phone number or email address

I was told I couldn't do that, and they (whomever "they" are) removed my email address and phone number from my reply post.

Please, where in Corozal town is your place located?  Friend wants to drive by and have alook.

msbarlow - click on her name rather than "reply". Once you get to her page there is a button to send a private message. Works for everyone on the board.

Bobbyg:
I do not find the reply button you speak of.  I'm sorry, this is just too convoluted for me.  I know how to do regular email and that's about it.  I find this overwhelming, especially as viewed through eyes and a brain that has been tortured by two ischemic strokes.

the private message option on this blog is no longer available, at least I can not find it to contact any of you.  I have used it in the past Bobby g I did get your email and responded.  Marcia, I live in Rainbow town, which is next to Finca Solana.  If you go to the little store across from The UDP campaign headquarters on 4th ave , and talk to either Wilfredo or Maria Aguillara, they know me and how to get to my house. and how to call me and my email address.  also since it is so hard to communicate on this blog, if you are OK with facebook go there and sign up for the belize sites there.  The No Holds Barred is one where you can freely exchange information.

Hello there everyobody,

@ kristinanadreau, the private messaging system is available and working perfectly well. The problem is that if you can not contact a member by private messaging it is because the member has not activated his private messaging.

To activate : Go to your profile > Edit your settings > Privacy > Private messages > Enable private messages

Sorry for the off-topic

Best of luck
Bhavna

Hi Bob, Mac in Vancouver BC ur note is actually what I want and would have said. I would appreciate after u make ur choice if u could help me out with any in other info. Not trying to cut ur grass just trying to get info I have not been able to find yet myself. Not till the early new year myself
Thanks Mac

Hi Zac
I wound up going into a place in Placencia to start off with. I do know of a couple of possibilities depending on what city / area you want to be in. Let me know and I'll give you the info. There are in Corozal, Placencia and Ambergris Caye (island). May or may not still be available but I'm guessing at least one will be.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out getting a place. I decided to go to Ally's Guest House in Placencia for 2 months to start with. She made me a great deal and has been super at helping with other stuff. They moved down 7 years ago from the US so have some great experience.

Again, thanks a lot. See you on the 24th (staying in Belize City hotel the first night due to arrival time)

Cheers!

Welcome to Belize.   I hope you have fun and enjoy the Jewel.   There is much to learn here.

Thanks folks. I better learn as I'm moving there on this trip! :)

Tks Bob, Placencia and Corozal where two of the places to start for myself. Ally's must b a real small family affair cause in all my checking I have never seem the name. Maybe u could give me their email cause I would not b going till January. Anyways looking in   Corozal any address there too
Zackpilot (Mac)

I got the best leads on flipkey.com - look at the lower priced places (under 100 a night) then scroll down and click on Show rates. There you'll find monthly rates. Surprising how much they drop even this time of year. Ally's has 4.5 stars on every  site but is very small right between the river and beach near the end of the peninsula. She's booked all the way to March now.

Tomorrow I'll put together some info for you on the other places. I'm sure you'll get one of them.

Cheers
Bob

hi again sorry about the other post I just now saw this that answers my questions from where you're going.  :-)

Hi there, maybe c u there in January. What part of Belize r u going to?? Zackpilot/Mac

Hi Bob,

Hubby and I are in the same boat as you!  Thanks for asking all your questions because the answers have been helpful to us as well!  We are coming out to Placencia in April to scout out where we`d like to try first.  Will you still be there then?

Hi Bob, it sounds like you will still be in Placencia the end of January..... My sister-in-law and i are coming down for my 60th BD. We will be staying 3 nights at Casa Placencia - Jacki Tipton place. Hope to keep in touch so i can pick your brain a little when we come down.

Pam

r u talking about $650 rent or for the whole month?

Sorry Bob, did not know the kind of different rules here of no email address. Where do u find the rules, anybody!

When in January are you going down? My sister-in-law and I will be there Jan. 23-29th

Hi my husband and i are thinking of moving to belize i need some info in renting an apartment possibly corozal can someone help me on prices i would like to stay in the 650 or lower price range and what i need for renting a place.

I agree on 'where do you find the rules?'! Hard to believe the number of times moderators make changes, in accordance to the rules, yet don't refer people to the place to read the rules (specifically to the part they goofed on). It would make things much easier. Same with issues like 'use private email'. When that comment was posted by a moderator quite a few folks here had difficulty find where to 'send a private message' yet no moderator offered any help to them; a member finally figured out the issue and posted the solution.

Moderating is about more than 'hey you can't do that'. :)

There are 3 or 4 new townhouse apartments just built just off of Consejo road in Corozal town.  Give me some time.  I'll see what I can find out for you.  I'm not in Belize just now.  Are you looking for month to month or a long term lease?

Long term lease at least 6 months minimum till we get situated.   :) thank you i appreciate the reply.

Hey Pam
Sounds like a fun time you have planned. I'll likely still be there. I have a place until about the middle of Jan but, hopefully I'll like the area and have a long term place there by then. If not, I'll try to extend my stay. I'll be at Alley's Guest House beginning Nov 24th until mid Jan so try me there or you can always get me on Skype as "icgbob" or facebook messenger via [email protected] or just email me. I get email on the phone.

Hope we get to meet up.

Cheers!
Bob

I would like to contact you but I don't know how.  I can not post my phone number on here and they do not allow me to post my email address, and I don't want to publish it for any and all eyes to see  anyway.  I have a 2 bedroom 2 year old home with TV and internet, furnished for rent @ $560/month USD in Corozal (Mayan Seaside)  but I can't give you any contact info!  That's just plain nuts!.

Have not really desided yet. But most likely month to month while desiring if long lease will work. Don't know how or what info I can leave here.
But interested in house.
Mac/zackpilot

Do not have a pic of house yet.  Will have to ask friend to take one.  Then, how to get it to you?  Understand, most rentals do not come with TV or internet.  You will have to go sign up and pay.  My place is set up with everything.  You will have to pick up electrical costs, however.  Can run very little to a bunch depending on if you use a lot of a/c or not.
For me, I have to use a bunch because I'm from the cold climate...Oregon.  I'm not used to the heat.  Have to pay about $200 USD/month for electricity.  Ugh.  'course the cost is the same if I stay in OR, only it goes up in heating rather than a/c!  Just giving you a heads up so there are no surprises.

To send a private message at the very top of the page click the little Envelope. When you reach the page to send the message put the personals "handle" in the To field. IE, to message me you would put BobbyG in the To field. I tried to send you one but, you have Private Messaging disabled. You need to go into your profile and turn it on. This does NOT show people your email address, just allows you to receive private messages via the forum mail system.

As for your rental, I already have a place so am not in need now. But, several people on here do but they can't send you private message until you turn it on.

Cheers!