Having Babies with German but not married yet

Hello,

Seems that I am going to start with a "rare" topic now. I had a decent education and a decent job in my original country before moving to Germany with my German boyfriend. I have also planned to do my Master Degree, therefore I came to Germany with a student visa.

Recently we had a great news and that is that we are going to have a Twins!

Could any one tell me, whether it is possible for me to get a work permit after giving birth so that I could get a full time job, even in a case that we are not married?

We are not living togehter, so what are the supports or obligations that my boyfriend should do for me and my children according to German law?

Thanks,
Nguyen

Hi Nguyen, welcome on Expat-blog! :) Congratulations for the Twins.

I hope other members will be able to help you. Meanwhile you might have a look at the Life in Germany guide.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Christine wrote:

Hi Nguyen, welcome on Expat-blog! :) Congratulations for the Twins.

I hope other members will be able to help you. Meanwhile you might have a look at the Life in Germany guide.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your message and the link! I will have a look and see what I can find.

Wish you a nice weekend,
Nguyen

Guten tag Nguyen,  I am an American in a similar situation.  I have a three year old daughter in Cologne.  Her Mother and I are not "an item".  But, I long to be near my Daughter and be a Loving part of her life.  Perhaps, the following website can hopefully be of some assistance;
German Mission in the United States -  German Embassy or American Embassy

All is Great! Congratulations to the abundant Blessings!!!
Eddie

Hi Eddie,

That is very sweet of you to your daughter! You are still in America, ain't you? When do you plan to come here with your daughter?

I am actually living in Bonn (which is closed to Cologne), Germany. I had a look at the German Embassy in Vietnam and unfortunately could not find anything :-(

In anyway, I am very happy with the abundant Blessings :-). I will do my best to make sure that my children will be born und grow up in healthy and good conditions!

Best regards,
Nguyen

Under German law you will be able to stay since the children are also German. You need to talk to the auslanderbehörde for the details specific to your situation.

I think you will be entitled to eltern and kinder geld as the kids are german.

If you are on good terms with the father I suggest you ask for his help in these matters as all avenues will be german only.

You also need to discuss custody, as that is handled differently here, as are child support payments is has many variables.

Hello Lostintranslation,

Thanks for your message! That sounds good!

Day after day I am getting more and more happy with my babies! Like Eddie wrote, I will also do my best to be Loving parts in their lives. I think I will find a way to have someone watching after my babies when they are one year old and will look for a job. This gives me even more strength to make it happen!! :-)

Best regards,
Nguyen

Lostintranslation08 wrote:

Under German law you will be able to stay since the children are also German. You need to talk to the auslanderbehörde for the details specific to your situation.

If you are on good terms with the father I suggest you ask for his help in these matters as all avenues will be german only.

You also need to discuss custody, as that is handled differently here, as are child support payments is has many variables.

Hi Rena,

You look cute! :-) Are you about to deliver?

Best regards,
Nguyen

Lostintranslation08 wrote:

Hi Rena,

Sorry just forgot one thing. I sounds that you have experience in this. What do you mean with discussing custody? Does it mean that this a discussion between me and my boyfriend? And like you wrote, child support payments is has many variables, what does it mean in specific? Does it mean it depends on who is going to take care of the children or it depends on something else?

I highly appreciate, if you explain to me more!

Thank you!
Nguyen

Hi Little Monkey

Once you have given birth to the babies and the German father of the children declares that he is the father, then you can process your residency. after You have processed your residency, you will be able to apply for a work permit.

When you have children Who are partly German then you have a right to live in Germany, with or without the father of the child.

I am in a similar situation. Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck.

Hi shalinsirkar,

Thanks for youe message!

When I have children who are partly German, then I have a right to live in Germany, with or without the father of the child. Could you please tell me if I will be also able to apply for a work permit?

Have you already done with the documentation procedure? Would be great if you could share with me how it's working!

The doctor predicted that I am going to give birth in early May 2011. My visa is going to be expired by end of March 2011. I do not know whether it is possible if I could combine both in order to change from a student visa to an unlimited stay visa at that time. Because I have heard that the fatherhood papers could be done prior giving birth. If this is the case, I assum that I could change the visa after I finished the fatherhood papers. Don't you think?

Have a nice evening!
Nguyen

Hi Littlemonkey

I am also due in early May. I plan to return to my home country - South Africa shortly and return with a new visa and then give birth in Germany. After giving birth and my boyfriend has declared his fatherhood/vaterschafts erklarung, then I may apply for the residence permit/aufenthaltserlaubnis. After I have received that, I may proceed to apply for a work permit.

Depending on where you come from, the laws are different. If you carry an American, Australian, Japanese or British passport, it may be fine to stay on and convert your papers. However for most other countries, you may need to return to your home country and reprocess the papers. I am not sure about this.

I recently consulted a lawyer trying to do what you would like to do and the means they suggested to me was to stay on even with my visa ending while they begin a long drawn out process of the papers, which would mean that I am not exactly in Germany illegally but I do not have a status here either. They would drag it out until it was too late to leave. The process would cost €2000 and at the end I would have a residency. I opted to return home.

In your case, since your visa is valid till March, you may be able to apply for a duldung then with your boyfriend declaring he is the father. In March, it will be too late for you to fly, if you are giving birth in early May, so a duldung or a tolerance is what they will give you until you give birth.

My suggestion to you is to go with your boyfriend or someone else who speaks german to your local auslanderbehorde and explain your situation to them and ask them for the easiest way to do it all. In most cases, they can be very friendly and helpful, especially when you are pregnant.

all the best.
shalin

Hi Shallin,

Thank you very much for your advices! They are really helpfull!

It is nice that you are also due in early May :-) Guess, you are getting very excited, ain't you?

I am from Vietnam. So based on what you wrote, it is likely that I may need to return to my home country and reprocess the papers. Is this process in my home country for the application for the aufenhaltserlaubnis?

I would like to visit my family before giving birth anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will go with my boyfriend to the auslanderbehorde to ask for the easiest way to do it.

Wish you a nice day!
Nguyen

Hi Nguyen

indeed am excited. let me know how it works out for you.

all the best,
shalin

Hi Shalin,

Yes, I will definitely let you know. I am getting excited too but right now my belly is not big yet :o)

Do you think we can exchange mail via our private accounts?

All the best,
Nguyen

Hi Nguyen,

It was interesting reading your topic. by the way, Congratulation with your twins!
I wonder how are you now and your twins...

At the moment i also have a problem that i think it can relate to your situation lately...

I am 6 and a half pregnant now and my boyfriend wants me to give birth here, the problem is my visa will end on November 20.

do you mind sharing to me what was the Auslanderboherde advice you about your situation...

I look forward to hear from you!

Best regards,
Lily

Hi Lily,

I and my babies are doing great, although the whole situation was not my plan :-)! Thanks!

Regarding your situation, base on my experiences, your boyfriend should declare his fatherhood (Vaterschaftsannerkennung) at the Standeamt but you need to  bring along your mutterpass. Once you get the Vaterschaftsannerkennung, go to the Ausländerbeherde to extend your "temporally" visa, over there they will also tell you when you can get a long term visa and what you will need to bring along at that time.

All the best,
Chuc

Good luck with the paperwork, I heard it's a heap! You can make it though, and the German state takes care well of the German children, too. It's worth it.

I have German child but I am not married can I stay in Germany with my child I am from Pakistan and I have Italian two years dacomnts refugees states.

Alex Romeo wrote:

I have German child but I am not married can I stay in Germany with my child I am from Pakistan and I have Italian two years dacomnts refugees states.

This post is over 6 years old, you would be better in starting a new post for a better reaction.

but you heavent give me answer that I can stay with my child or not ? if you give me that's answer then I will start new topic or new questions.

If you have child that is German citizen - and you have custody for that child - you can apply for a family reunion visa to stay with the child in Germany. Ask at the German embassy about formal requirements and paperwork - basic German language skills might be needed (as with family reunion visa for spouses), but you need them anyway to survive here, so start taking classes as soon as possible!
However, since you said you are refugee in Italy: i assume you applied for pitical asylum there? In that case you have to stay in Italy until the application is completed and decided on. If you want to leave before that, you might need to cancel that application. Inquire in Italy about the consequences of this!

my asylum is finish in Italy now I have two years dacomnts. humanitarian two year dacomnts. and child is on my name two in this time. that I am father of this child.

Sorry, but your post is unclear. What is "dacomnts" and what does "on my name two in this time" mean.
As I wrote, you need to have (sole or joint) custody of the child for this to work - whether you are the biological parent or if the child has your name has no influence on this.
Also, if your asylum in Italy is "finished", does it mean it is rejected? In that case you probably have to return to your country first and can only apply for a family reunion visa from there.

sorry I want to say that I get already asylum in Italy. I have the permission to stay in Italy 2 years. I have already Vaterschaftsanerkennung for my German child.

Well, then everything is said.
Good luck!

that's means I can stay with my child in Germany right?

If you fulfil all the requirements and manage to get a visa, then yes.

thank you very much sir.