Immigration to Nov Scotia

Good day,

Can someone please help me with some info about job opportunities in Nova Scotia? my work experience includes about 5 years of banking operations manager and 4 years in IT project management office (PMO). Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Also, should i plan to utilize provincial nomination from Nova Scotia, how many years I must spend in the province before other provinces in the country opens up for me?

Thanking you in anticipation

Technically speaking NS is a small province and thus NS generated projects are hard to come by. However, having said that, there are many IT firms that have setup shop here in NS and there will be in need of PMs. But your projects will not necessarily be from customers from NS. Infact they can be from all around the world. With your experience, you would be a good fit for the following companies who have presence here: IBM / NTTData / CGI

However, there's other small to mid sized companies that you can also consider. Now, I must tell you that your average large MNCs may not necessarily be the best employer on the block here. So its worth to consider other companies too.

As to your other question, you are not obligated to stay if you have applied under the NSPNP and got approve through there.

Thank you Philipyeo for your time to answer my query.

Having so much of queries and curiosity, i am bound to ask you few more questions, hope you will have an answer and time to attend those.

as you say, i am not obliged to stay in the province nominating me for PR, what is the business case of province to give me a nomination as i can move freely any time?

Also, what are the potential advantages (except the most important that you get 600 points making your visa almost certain) and disadvantages of applying for a PR/VISA based on provincial nomination?

Thanking you in anticipation.