A replaced or renewed foreign passport.

I can't come up with anything in the BI website. Recently I had to get a new passport. Do I have to get a new 13a visa stamp in it. OR is the stamp in my old passport considered as being "ACTIVE" OR is the arc-1 card my only valid form of prove that I need. Common sense tells me I should have my new passport stamped but I cant find anything about it
anywhere on the web.

If no answers by the morning after this post I will just ride over th BI Main and cover myself.

Cheers all.

Generally speaking all visas in an expired/cancelled passport remain valid until their normal expiry date. Just the simple renewal of a passport has no effect on the visas therein. You must however retain the old passport and present it with the new one.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

James wrote:

Generally speaking all visas in an expired/cancelled passport remain valid until their normal expiry date. Just the simple renewal of a passport has no effect on the visas therein. You must however retain the old passport and present it with the new one.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks James, I thought that myself, and as my 13a visa is in permanent status now I believe the visa stamp will remain valid until such time as I fail to keep my ARC-1 renewed every 5 years.

Thanks and thanks for your reply
Regards, Bob (aka munchie)