Close

Ecuador invitation letter

hi, i am  indian cityson, we are 4 friends was booked air tickets for ecuador visit on 19/10/2015, but unlucky we got offloaded from delhi airport, KLM staff saying we dont have invitation letter, now we changed tickets on 26/10/15,
any chance to get invitation letter from ecuador people, im ready to pay , when i arrived in Quito.

pls help..

keni.shon :

hi, i am  indian cityson, we are 4 friends was booked air tickets for ecuador visit on 19/10/2015, but unlucky we got offloaded from delhi airport, KLM staff saying we dont have invitation letter, now we changed tickets on 26/10/15,
any chance to get invitation letter from ecuador people, im ready to pay , when i arrived in Quito.

pls help..

What kind of visa are you seeking?

keni.shon :

pls help..

Just so you know about the legality of what you're asking for...

1.  The person who issues a Letter of Invitation for the purposes of tourism or immigration, must first of all be a citizen or permanent resident.

2. The Letter of Invitation carries with it two very weighty legal obligations, firstly to guarantee the financial sufficiency of the invitee (i.e. if he/she can't pay their expenses, the person who issues the letter is legally responsible to pay them). Second, they must guarantee that the invitee will leave the country when their visa expires.

3.  It is a crime to make false statements or omit major facts in a Letter of Invitation, this will not only result in denial of a visa, but also criminal charges.

4.  It is a crime to charge or offer to pay any fee for a Letter of Invitation.

5.  Immigrations authorities will be looking for proof of some family relationship, long-term personal friendship, or an employer/employee relationship in any Letter of Invitation. If they can't establish one, they deny the visa.

Now do you really think that you're going to find someone here who is willing to provide a Letter of Invitation to a complete stranger??? I can assure you that you will not.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

It is unclear why a letter of invitation is being required, since India is not among the 11 countries that require a visa to enter Ecuador.  (source: Wikipedia page for Ecuador visa policy).  Except for those countries, visitors are typically allowed into Ecuador on a 90-day tourist stamp, available at no charge at the Quito or Guayaquil airport.

Quito Immigration Attorney:  Sebastian Cordero, scordero(at)gcabogados.com ...

cccmedia in Quito

You need to enlighten KLM employees that neither a Letter of Invitation nor a visa are necessary for a citizen of India to visit Ecuador, and that they have no right to prevent you from boarding the plane and demand these documents.

Here is a list of the world's countries and their entry requirements for citizens of India. Ecuador is visa-free. No LOI, no visa. Make a copy of this wiki page and show it to the KLM employees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ … n_citizens

My guess is there is more to the story…...

AMDG :

My guess is there is more to the story…...

Banned might tell us something.

I'm citizen of Ecuador and I'm also need help my husband is Pakistani and he needs to go to India to apply his visa to come to Ecuador but the problem is that it can be a risk for him go now to India because the bad relations between India and Pakistan i want to know if you are able to help him doing something like talking with your embassy to find other way to have his visa.

Have you an email address...I can help you with the invitation letter.

Veronica Sheeraz :

i want to know if you are able to help him doing something like talking with your embassy to find other way to have his visa.

If anyone needs a third-party to sort out visa complications, best to deal with a visa facilitator or immigration attorney.

Here are two good contacts....

Facilitator (Guayaquil)... Profesora Dana Cameron... Dana.Visas(at)gmail.com

Attorney (Quito and the Coast)... Sebastian Cordero ... scordero(at)gcabogados.com

It seems like we have been down this road before……..
If they need a letter invitation, it needs to be legitimate……..and not something, from somebody unknown on a forum…….look back a few posts to banned……..

Kindly inform a way to get an invitation letter for Indian citizens to visit Ecuador

karawan :

Kindly inform a way to get an invitation letter for Indian citizens to visit Ecuador

Did you read the above posts?  Indian does not need anything but a passport to enter Ecuador.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
MNRose
Investment Visa by Getting Ecuadorian CD
By MNRose
gardener1
2015 - anybody in the Ecuador visa pipelines?
By gardener1
vpbuzz
After 3 years...
By vpbuzz
James Caj
Pensioner Visas
By James Caj
JimH
Advice on the Foreign Pension Immigration Visa
By JimH
mdug81
Civil Partnership- Union de Hecho Questions
By mdug81

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ecuador

Flights to Ecuador

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ecuador