Is that good idea to stay in Medagascar after retirement ?

i live in france, age 43 yrs old, at present Europe living financial conditions is very stressfull. I think to spend my remain life in Medagascar because there people speak english and french. and low cost living.  can anybody guide in this matter ?  thanks

It's interesting you have not received a response in six months.  There are not many people that speak English here, but you can get by with French.  There are also a lot of hassles in living here, unless you are going to toss money around like it was nothing. Foreigners cannot own property here, so you will rent, but long-term arrangements can be made. Keep in mind that it is still a Third World country, with all the political/economic disorder that accompanies that status.

If I had a good stream of income for retirement, I would definitely consider Madagascar, but hey, I've been here many years and have learned to deal with the complications.

sanju    1972--so you have several years till you retire?  Not enough information in your question to give a detailed answer.
In general, I would suggest that you come and live here for two to three years before you decide to settle down. It takes a few years to open your eyes to the realities of life in Madagascar or any country you choose to live in.
You might like to start your journey by living in Nosy be, which has a large ex pat community, mostly French ex-pats.  Many of the Nosy be locals also speak French making it easy to adjust to the first transition of Madagascar life.  The further you move away from the ex pat community you will need to learn to speak some basic Malagasy and learn some of the customs to be able to integrate into the  Malagasy community.
Also adopting the Malagasy lifestyle will be less stressful and even less expensive than the ex pat community.
I think living in an over-developed world is much more stressful than living in an underdeveloped world.  It certainly does not cost much to live here when you consider a local can live here for about $100 a month and raise a family on that income.
I am curious as why you are choosing Madagascar over other Francophone countries or the  Philippines for example.

Questions and answers about Madagascar

Ask your question
Biometric resident card
By TropicAlex
Customer care in Madagascar
By Priscilla
Climate Change
By TropicAlex
Are you happy in Madagascar?
By Priscilla

Expatriate health insurance in Madagascar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Madagascar

Moving to Madagascar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Madagascar

Travel insurance in Madagascar

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Madagascar

Flights to Madagascar

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Madagascar