Best places to live or buy a house in Bucharest or on its outskirts

Hello to all who read my message and can help in any information.
I, with my family are planning to relocate in Bucharest region. We have never lived over there, thus we can not have a clear and exact decision to where it is better to move or even rent or buy a house or flat, though I hate to live in flats and I prefer the freedom of a house .. We have been searching online for about two months so far, but we still need the help from other more experienced people who used to live in Bucharest and its suburbs for a good period of time in order to enlighten us with better ideas and information based on deeper understanding of the region and expertise.

Considering owning a house (or flat ), can anyone help ? Taking into consideration that, that region should have considerable facilities ( like a good school and gymnasium, mini-market, groceries, etc..), preferably to be the most closer to Bucharest outskirts, as well as far from industrial and high polluted traffic zones, also from Gypsies.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Desired budget ?
Type of "good" school ?
What language should the good school speak ?
Do you have a car and are you ready to use it intensively if you will live in the outskirts ?
Ready to maintain the house or prefer to hire someone ?

Thanks for your answer anyway, even though it didn't bring out any useful idea or information. I did not ask at all for questions as help, but useful info !

Ben_el wrote:

Thanks for your answer anyway, even though it didn't bring out any useful idea or information. I did not ask at all for questions as help, but useful info !

Well to be fair, the questions you pose are quite broad and subjective. Some more information such as responding to callincard's questions would likely enable some of us to provide useful suggestions.  It's a waste of time to suggest to you a neighborhood of 250,000 Euro villas and private schools that cost 20,000 Euro a year if that's not your goal or within your budget.

What is a "good" school for one person may be totally unacceptable to another.  Does it need to be private, public, in primary English or Romanian? Budget is also a determining factor.  There's lots of schools around.  Same for housing, more information is needed.  I think there are many areas around Bucharest that have access to gyms, markets, "good schools" and whatever else you want.  I'm think if you reflect on your needs and can convey them more precisely, you would get some useful suggestions. 

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

First of all you want to live in the North of Bucharest which I would divide into northern city limits and northern suburbs.

For northern city limits you need to realize that you are still in the city so don't expect big yards if you are looking at villas.  Here I would say look in the following neighborhoods: Primaveri, Aviatorilor, Dorobanti and Domeni. If you don't mind living in a flat then I would strongly recommend Soseau Nordului (although there are also some vilas too) which runs along the eastern edge of Herastrau park which is very nice.  There is also a pretty sizable expat community there.

If you want to go immediately outside of the city then there are villas/residential villages with bigger yards in Pipera and Baneasa.

But as was previously pointed out, it also depends on your budget.

Thank you gummibear for your reply.
In fact, the places you mentioned (primaverii,aviatorilor..) are very expensive and villas over there have  a very small yards, which is not my aim. To live in a flat, which I do not plan for it right now, would be my last option after all doors would be shut off  in my face.
I searched also online for the villas' villages in Pipera and Baneasa, as you mentioned before, but I do not like either this option for the same reason of their small yards, and eventually for bad quality finishing and low materials used in such big projects.
After my searching, I liked much the town Mogosoaia, which has a good location right outside Bucharest's circumference, and it looks like a nice place to live in there, where it has a nice Parc and lake. If anybody has any further information about this town, I would be thankful to share it with me.

Thanks for all good guys trying to help on this site.

Ben_el wrote:

After my searching, I liked much the town Mogosoaia, which has a good location right outside Bucharest's circumference, and it looks like a nice place to live in there, where it has a nice Parc and lake. If anybody has any further information about this town, I would be thankful to share it with me.

Thanks for all good guys trying to help on this site.

It is not a prime destination for expats, but I think Mogosoaia is a lovely place.  In fact it is one of the places I was looking to buy a house in.   The palace/park/water are indeed an excellent backdrop. The only negative would be that you're not really going to be in a bustling area so you'll need to drive a bit to get to the better restaurants/shopping/etc and to get to points of interest in Bucharest.  Its not terrible traffic-wise but its not really a convenient location either.  For that price point/size of yard you may also look at Damaroia which doesn't have the nice scenery like Mogosoaia but is closer to key areas you might want to get to.

Hi,

We have last year sold a house in Mogosoaia to a Dutch Romanian family. At first they have been looking also in Bucharest, but not many options to be found so we refocused to Mogosoaia.

I believe Mogosoaia (And even Otopeni and Corbeanca) is a very nice alternative for people to live. These locations offer a lot including many more facilities than you would imagine. Most of al you will have fresh air.

Me and my family moved to Otopeni after living in the city for many years and I do not regret this.

If you wish to have the help of a professional and serious realtor do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Isfahan

gummibear wrote:

It is not a prime destination for expats, but I think Mogosoaia is a lovely place.

What makes it not a prime destination for expats? You think all expats what to live in Old Town, or on Nordului or in Piper (which looks war-torn).

Keefak ya, Ben. Habibi, Mogosoia is a lovely place, calm and quiet. And there are schools for your kids in the vicinity. I know a French couple who runs a KG & school upto Grade 4 there. So if your kids fall in that group, then you have the school sorted out. Other school options would be around the Pajura area, where they have an Arabic school, then you also have a French High School close to the airport, and a dozen schools in Pipera. Drop me a PM, if you want some first-hand information on the area and vicinity.

Any recommendation for realtors in Bucharest? Tks

Would love a recommendation for a good realtor?  Thanks

Rbolivar1 wrote:

Would love a recommendation for a good realtor?  Thanks

Please look in the BUSINESS DIRECTORY, recommended services are posted in there.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

check on the OLX website for Homes you can choose the region