Crime in kL

one more thing that keeps popping in my mind is, how safe is KL. how high or low is the crime rate?

Amoung other things one day after leaving western union a motor cycle that looked benign to my docile self (i was on a survival mission tired of walking and laden with a heavy bag ) swiped the small laptop bag (like a cover with space for accessories [part of a big wheely sachel you can take onboard a plane which i had on my back{my brown eastpak bag}])that had the money in it out of my single-finger grip...i responded in a docile manner and gently tugged it by the finger i was holding it by and approached the motorcyclist as he negotiated the corner...he dropped the bag in the street and cars rode over it but the money was safe and only the clip of the bag i was holding it by broke of the bag( i still have it)...: so no the crime is not bad compared to other countries you might choose i think because i was holding it by one finger which is advertising in such areas but nevertheless if i was not docile and some other dude the motorcyclist would have gone for a topple with an effortless push never mind normal reaction which was to tug away, push off and flee ( in thailand such happened by one riding one grabbing but the toppled cyclists was run over by the truck or what it was and they both died) it is a very naive method of crime so such crime is not very serious in malaysia...then i crossed the street and went in to the shangri la which was just a bit away from across tbe street of the incedent for help.

...were ru  over by a truck...; incident

if you are comparing crime rate here and South Africa then of cause Malaysia is better...
i got shouted to keep my phone inside the car while using my phone cause i was being told someone walking outside will break the windows n snatch my phone away... also while walking on the street to a very big mall but i've checked the surrounding n there is no one there but still i got moan to keep my phone n i was being told they will jump out of no where... they r like ninja... lol... so it makes me paranoid there... lol...
Even if i leave ur food unattended in Malaysia for a while n it will still be there unlike what i've been told that the food will be missing once u come back in South Africa...
u just need to be caution of the motorbike here... robbers like to use motorbike for their work... snatch thieve and breaking cars windows and grab women's bag place on the passenger seat when you stuck in a jam... i think if u can survive in South Africa then shouldn't be a problem for you here... is better, not a lot better or excellence...

Yes johannesburg and durban are defintely the worst in the world and i am currently in durban : it is like a war zone actually( they were saying at the time of the iraq war that the unnatural death rate ( the death rate of humans killing humans) was only higher in iraq than johannesburg but the crime in johannesburg and durban is hardened and much more fierce but there are times you escape a mugging with your life intact and the police are said to be at the least 67% corrupt so it is like a lost cause but there is still lots of money which i suppose is what attracts people to it.

i would said the political issue n the race issue is the same here in Malaysia n South Africa... but Malaysia slightly better... Zuma is a nut case... same here...

I honestly don't know too much of the detailed politics of pretoria or how the president there stays in office after all the incidents surounding him which were not even in his official capacity but crminal things he finds time for in his personal capacity and all i hear about regarding him are the crimes of his person nothing about his official responsibility or the decisions he has made in his official capacity but i do not pay attention to pretoria politics...i suppose he is in power as he provides stability and as he is zulu binds the zulu of kwa zulu and natal to pretoria whereas natal should be separate since 1961 or what it was when the boer leadership rebelled against london for republic status : then natal which was put under pretoria has goverment by london was no longer obliged to answer to pretoria as pretoria no longer answered to london and natal has the obligation as long as pretoria does not administrate london rule to stay away from pretoria because of the treaty of utrecht 1814 which says that the hague puts its africa and citizens and subjects of dutch africa under britains government and chose britain out of every nation to grant it rule of dutch africa and the citizens and subjects thereof...so pitermaritzburg does not settle for anything less than london adminsistration but unfortunately that tune is seldom heard anymore as the educated have left from pitermaritzburg the capital of natal and the newly educated both boer and boer black sing a different tune which is totally in ignorance to utrecht 1814 and rebellious to and in contempt of it which identifies them as bitterender boers(the boers that fight britain to the end).

vcys_003 wrote:

if you are comparing crime rate here and South Africa then of cause Malaysia is better...
i got shouted to keep my phone inside the car while using my phone cause i was being told someone walking outside will break the windows n snatch my phone away... also while walking on the street to a very big mall but i've checked the surrounding n there is no one there but still i got moan to keep my phone n i was being told they will jump out of no where... they r like ninja... lol... so it makes me paranoid there... lol...
Even if i leave ur food unattended in Malaysia for a while n it will still be there unlike what i've been told that the food will be missing once u come back in South Africa...
u just need to be caution of the motorbike here... robbers like to use motorbike for their work... snatch thieve and breaking cars windows and grab women's bag place on the passenger seat when you stuck in a jam... i think if u can survive in South Africa then shouldn't be a problem for you here... is better, not a lot better or excellence...

That's pretty spot on. You've gotta to really careful in KL coz thieves are everywhere, especially on motorbikes. And if you've got a kid or kids in your car then be extra cautious otherwise you might find you car and the kids missing if you turn away for a second. We all hear stories of kids disappearing so it is always a worry for me. You just gotta be always on your guard in KL.

I actually never did much research on modern malaysian law and politics because someone crashed my laptop so i bought another and flew out in a rush to go and rent this six bedroom house in melaka at some new developement (it was exactly the same as what i was paying for a one bedroom guest cottage that i rented on my own attached to someone has house in africa [but with own driveway] and i could full the brand new melaka house with lots of girls to help pay rent) but my communication was messed with to the estate agent  (and she was not phoning back) so i thought i would try another place like right by singapore(i had thought melaka was sufficiently near enough to singapore and i could go to kuala lumpur and whereever if i wanted) which of course was johor bahru ...and i still have not got down to modern malaysian law and politics but just learnt a little as i was going when i was living there...the last i heard he went to saudi for a discussion but i cannot remember his name...but i believe the sultans have a lot to do with the government and i think they rotate so they each get a term in putra jaya

Yes i can attain a more law abiding lifestlyle in malaysia because it is better to have a house full of concubines than to hear your neighbour knock (colloquial white boer-like english african euphemism for sexual coitus :  " i can hear them knocking even from here" etc ) his concubine even once ( remember it was an attached guest house )...and they my concubines would avert what was my imminent financial crisis because i have not been employed for long and was paying 1800.00 malaysian ringit on my own per month to stay by myself