Places to hang out!!!

could you recommend any places to go out in HCMC that are authentic Vietnamese hang outs ?

Welcome to Expat.com Flipmysoul :),

I just want to tell you that I have moved your post to the Ho Chi Minh City forum. I have titled it "Places to hang out". This will surely help you in getting accurate responses from members from that area.

Hope this will help you.

Yud;)

good man Yud for sorting that out for me

It depends on what types of hanging out you want to do. My advice is to get away from Dist. 1, 3, 5 were all the tourists are. Go out to Dist. 10, 6, Binh Tan, 11. It is rare to see foreigners in those districts. There are swimming pools, a water park, tennis courts, soccer fields, billiard halls and of course plenty of massage parlors. Be careful at the last, a lot of them are just a rub and a tug but there are plenty of really good ones too. If drinking is what you want to do, why travel at all? Just look for some place cheap. If you like darts, stay in Dist. 1 but of course it is not just VN.

If you want something authentic, just look for small plastic chairs and tables on the sidewalk. That's what I do in Hanoi. Good luck!
Zac
The West Lake Review
westlakereview.blogspot.com/

thank you for the blog...