PAYING BILLS IN ISTANBUL

Hi there guys,

We are now permanently in Istanbul and have found an amazing apartment in Beyoglu. We have signed and now have the keys. My landlady has very helpfully provided us with account numbers for each of the utilities we need - and asked that we make 'automatic payment'

I do not have a Turkish bank account yet. Can I go into a bank, quote my account references and make direct payment?

Thanks for your help

Kamali

No you can not.you can use fattura shops in kadikoy or ask where you live they pay for you on line and give you receipt.

From my experience, in order to make a bank transaction/cash deposit in a Turkish bank you are required to have a tax number. It will be not possible to do so otherwise. You may want to pay in cash to the owner and get a legal receipt for  him,  or alternatively speak with the owner to confirm if the  method suggested by swimman works for him.

Good luck
Z

all bills must be paid by fattura shops till he or she opens bank account or even we have accounts but still find those shops easier and empty instead of waiting for half an hour or more in bank.