Working in Vietnam

I am a 62 year old lawyer currently in US. I have a Vietnamese wife and we just had a beautiful little baby girl.

I am planning on moving with my family to Vietnam early next year. Can you tell me: how hard is it to find work there? How much might I reasonably expect to make?

I have been to Vietnam many times over the last twenty years, but never investigated the work possibilities.

I have some teaching experience. I was a law professor here in the states for four years, and I taught English in Korea and Japan for about nine months in the 1990s.

I am open to what kind of work I would be doing- it would depend on what is available.

Thanks!

Congrats on new born baby!

You can check into International Schools and law firms, I think there are International law firm they sure need good lawyer with native english speaking, as foreign investors in VN.  Having your wife is Vietnamese is benefit, you both can set up your own biz… Good luck!

Dear edenmall27,

I'm a Vietnamese Lawyer. It's nice to know you. Why do you think about combining between: teaching English and teaching Law? English for lawyer. It's a very good opportunity (Vietnamese Lawyer is not good at English and Legal English - they have big need).
Everything you need is a supporter and translator.

Regards,

Good idea!

Thanks. good idea!