How much money for three months in Athens? Including rental!

Hello all I've secured voluntary work in Athens for three months in June 2016 I would like some guidance on how much money I'll need to cover me while I'm there including renting a room thanks In advance

Hello PaniBoy :cheers:

This thread will help : Cost of living in Greece – 2015

I invite you to check out threads talking about cost of living in Athens  to get an approximate idea of life there.

Some adverts in the Housing in Athens section may help you get an idea of rental prices.

Regards
Kenjee

PaniBoy,you are a fast mover,well done.If you find a room near your place of work you will not need metro or bus tickets,but if you do need,they are much cheaper as a monthly ticket,perhaps that ticket can be used for bus and metro?Everywhere in Greece has street markets for fresh food,it depends if your hours connect with these,but there is an all day fresh food open market in the center of Athens and fish,much cheaper than UK.I have seen rooms sharing with others for 2.50 or 300,go on line and have a look at rooms to rent on Expat.com section.Well done

If you look at small hotels in the center of Athens you can find for 10 euro a day,remember the pound is good against the euro,hostels also have single rooms,and its nice to be in the center.Look on line,best to book early as the time you will be there is a busy period

Thaink you so much

It depends, Athens is the most expensive city in Europe, but at the same time one can reside in best price dwelling, one can get all fresh, delicious and organic foods for cheap. If one is the type who can stay satisfied just with necessities, 500euros a month can cover all what it costs. That is equivalent to a monthly salary of almost 50% of Athens's local population.
There are opportunities to find accommodation for free to foreigners coming to help on volunteer jobs, I will check on that and inform you, but I am not sure if one can find that opening on a highly expensive tourist season.
Congratulations anyways!!!

Thank you so much