Expats in Dalian

Hey everyone,

I am going to be arriving in Dalian Ganjingzi District by the end of October and will be teaching there for a year! Does anyone know where a good place to meet fellow expats is? Or perhaps where any community events take place?

I have a wide variety of interests, anywhere from hiking and sightseeing, to dancing at a club, to art, to relaxing with a movie or talking over a coffee. I enjoy meeting new people, and if any of this sounds remotely interesting to you, feel free to send me a message and maybe we can meet up while in Dalian!

Cheers,

Madaline

I m down grabbing some coffee. I m new here too and would love to meet new people

Sounds great! How long are you in Dalian for? :)

I m here till next year. That's when my contract ends. My dog is here with me. If u wanna go hiking, feel free to join us. Where about do u live?

Hi Welcome to Dalian

If you are in Kaifaqu, then you may meet lot of people in Kaifaqu, Jinsihitan and Dalian city as lot of Canadian people work in Dalian Maple Leaf International School.

Hope you will enjoy your visit to Dalian.

Hi

I was a teacher in Dalian for a year, left last year.

Used to frequent "Acapella" every week.

It's a bar which serves a mixture of food plus a few universal beers [Carlsberg etc].

It also used to have live music from local bands 4 sessions each week including one of jazz on Wednesdays ?

Always a very healthy mixture of locals and foreigners - Brits, Yanks, Europeans, Antipodeans.

Its location will be well advertised - sorry but I do not have the address - but you may need to check out the

accuracy of my details as I have been in Chengdu for over a year !

Good luck - enjoy it

If you came to china you are supposed to make local chinese friends instead of going back to your little western community right ? and taste more local culture and adapt to your new environment which you chose if I'm right ??

there was a place brookling bar that was nice,,cafe copenhagen has monthly meeting..there is mag, and website in dalian

Welcome to Dalian. I'm new to Dalian also. Most expats hang around the big shopping areas. There are few who regularly visit Wanda plaza.

Hi fellas,

I have just recently returned to my hometown Dalian for short staying from Australia after years. Things have surely changed. Very few friends remained to contact. Wonder if anywhere for networking or casual meet up?
Much appreciation for any tips. ( I know the place well so feel more passionate to meet new ppl here to share ideas)

Thanks,
Tom

Hey Madeline,

Nice to see your Canadian style message.
I am keen to meet up for a coffee or tea. I am around the city for about 2.5-3 weeks. Currently visiting family and experiencing some hospital work as a med student from Sydney AUS. Occasionally feel like the necessity to share some experiences or just casual chitchatting.
If you like we can arrange a meetup! Hit me up!

TOM

I live and work in the city, been here for five years. I'll be happy to show anyone around town and plus I live in the centre of the city where as it turns out, everyone comes to party and see the sights, shop and whatnot.