Civil marriage - looking for advice and for officiant

Hi! My partner and I are both expats here and want to get married preferable on Oct 30 or 31.

We already have our Filipino marriage license so now we just need an officiant. Anybody know someone?
We already know that we can't use a judge, since we're in Makati and they don't do Americans, which one of us is. (Even though we have the license from Makati). So we need a generic officiant.

I also have questions if anybody has experience and can offer advice!
- are 2 witnesses needed or is 1 enough? If 2 needed, can they be 2 men for example?
- we just need the civil marriage for now. Can this just be done at home quickly or what? Has anybody else done that?
- anything important I'm leaving out?

Thanks!

My husband and I  got married at San Francisco, CA City Hall in 2002. We were both Americans (he, natural born; me, naturalized but hadn't applied for dual citizenship until 2008). At the urging of my religious parents, we had a church wedding in 2003 in  the Philippines. (A Church wedding in America was just too expensive.)

When we moved to the Philippines in 2008, I tried to get a certified copy of our marriage license from the NSO (National Statistics Office.) But there wasn't any marriage recorded. Someone mentioned that perhaps it was because my husband and I were both American citizens, and that we had to go through a certain process, including going to the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) and complete some paperwork to make our Philippine marriage official (i.e., registered at NSO). I guess the staff / administrators at the Church either forgot to do that or didn't know how to go about it.

I really haven't bothered to do the legwork / paperwork to have our marriage here official, if that is at all possible. We have an official marriage license anyways from the US. That's good enough for us.

Ask around what you need to do if you want your marriage official. You might need to do more than just getting a license at Makati City Hall, which is probably why a Makati judge won't officiate the ceremony.

I can  help u...ur married can be done here in mla. Civil married done by a reverent.1 witness will do

neneth wrote:

I can  help u...ur married can be done here in mla. Civil married done by a reverent.1 witness will do

The question is, "Would it be 'official'?" Will she get some sort of certified document of the marriage, such as the one from NSO, in case of a legal need for it?  One really has be thorough with important things as these.