Two English guys arriving in HCMC- looking live/places to go out

Me and my friend are arriving in Ho Chi Minh City next month and whilst looking for work as english teachers we will be living there for a while.

Looking for places to play/watch live music and good places to go out. Maybe meet other travellers or TEFL teachers in the region.

Link us up

Sammy.

You can play music in many cofee store in hcm

There are many places in hcm city you can play/watch live music. I'll share you a lot of experience of HCM city.Exp: food,entertain,travel. I just want to improve my English skill. I'll help you as much as possible, dont hestitate to contact me.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Aye up, thought I'd stick my oar in regarding live music + what I'd say is the lack of it, at least the sort I'd choose to listen to + share an ambient vibe with if you pardon the expression?! There are a few Filipino outfits that bang out your standard pub set, Hotel California, eerrrrrrr Eric Clapton, you know? They do it really well, too, not so long ago I saw a 3 piece, singer, guitar, + a couple of cardboard boxes ensemble, 3 up on a Honda Wave the drummer's always going to be the first to make sacrifices. I think Peggy Sue, Buddy Holly, had boxes  instead of drums, not sure about the Wave, a horse perhaps? Anyway, at these prices you can get beer goggles + matching earphones fitted + it all sounds great!! I was up dancing, which was disappointing on a personal level, no one should really have to see that which reminds me, Westlife (aka.Wet-Lie) keep threatening a return + we all need to do our bit, we'll fight them on the beaches....... Good luck then, up to 11!!!

ive notices that D1 seems to host many expats and also many places with lives music, small rooms arent much fun though as it gets over the top loud.

other note, have you done the TESOL curse yet?
AVSE is where i did mine, they guarantee employment upon completion also.

Cargo Bar is definitely the best place to head to for live music. There are a few other smaller places around town which I've heard are good for live music but I haven't actually been to many myself. HCM ain't great for live gigs but cargo bar should keep you happy. Get into it!

Hi Sammy
Do u want to join our group which is a place for s.o who love music help the other to practice. We will meet together this week in d2. If u wanna join just contact me i will give u the address.
Welcome u to join our group ;)

Angelina huynh