Residence permit for spouse of Estonian

Hello!
I am Estonian but my husband is American and we have been living in America for the last few years. We want to move to Estonia. I am hoping someone who has gone through the process would like to share how it was? Did you apply overseas or in Estonia? Basically if someone would write how it went for them I would really appreciate it.
When I google all I get is very vague forum posts and the police and migration webpage (which I have already read about 100 times haha) but it would be nice to speak to someone with experience in this!

Päikest!

I am American and my wife is also from Estonia. I applied for permission last summer in Tallinn and the process was very easy. No police record ever and very financially stable helped, but also the fact that my wife has family in Estonia also was a big help. I am retired and will not look for work. He must also buy Estonian insurance even if he has very good American health insurance.  He will have to write a timeline of his life, education, jobs, etc. You will both have to write a short letter explaining why he wants to live in Estonia.
We were told that it would take about 8 weeks for a decision. I got mine in about 5 weeks. We now split time between the U.S and Estonia, but will eventually live only in Tallinn.
Don Hudson

Thank you so much for replying. This makes me feel a bit more reassured!