Moving to Hanoi in January with my family

Hi! I'm moving to Hanoi in January with my family (husband and daughter, who is 1,5) and will be working for the UN in the Ba Dinh district. Any tips on where to start looking for a house/apartment? I would love to live somewhere where the air quality is as good as possible, but am a bit worried it might mean getting really far from the city and hence spending hours in traffic every day to get to and from work.. Any tips?
Thanks!

Hi Movingtohanoi,

Welcome on board :)

We created a new thread as from your post on the Hanoi Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

You can drop an advert in the Properties for rent in Hanoi section as it might be helpful :)

Wishing you best of luck to you and your family with everything :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hello. And i think in Hanoi there are few nice places to stay for long with nice atmosphere and good quality of the air.
Most people choose west lake area. It is near the centre of Hanoi so not far from the city
I guess most of foreigners will agree with me on that area to live.
But sure it is an expensive area to live in Hanoi somehow.
Cheers and hope u will be comfortable with life in Hanoi. All the best 😊

Welcome to Hanoi, as you said that you would work for UN in Ba Dinh District, so why don't you think about an apartment in Platinum Residence that is a High- class Condominium at 6th, Nguyen Cong Hoan Street. It is so near to the office of UN then you can walk to work. This condominium has and fresh air with beautiful view lake so you and your family can enjoy the most comfortable life there. It also has many utilities such as supermarket, gym, yoga center, coffee shop and especially a kindergarten for your children.
Feel free to contact me **********when you come to Ha Noi. so glad to help you find the best apartment.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I think you can consider about Golden West lake residence. It's not far from UN and has children playground, swimming pool, gym & fitness, sauna room, supermarket and high class restaurants.

If you work for UN at Kim Ma St, Golden Westlake is the best choice with large area, near Westlake and Ba Dinh area also, this is quiet area with full amenities. Also some other options like Lancaster Hanoi or Platinum Residences could be considered. Welcome to Hanoi !

Hi sir/madam:
I saw ur message here that you're moving by january. Im just wondering maam / sir if you will be hiring a full time live out nanny. For now i just came here to hanoi vietnam for just two weeks and still looking for a job. But if you would give me a chance to work with your family as nanny, i would be greatful to wait for you until you come here. I would prefer to look for part time job while waiting for you maam/sir. I would like to introduce myself to you. I am a filipino citizen 35 yrs of age, married with one child. I had a five years of nanny experience in thailand before. I love to teach kids in english and love to play with them. And for me, as a nanny, i consider myself as a good friend of a child im looking at and the most important for me as a nanny is the safety of the child. Ma'am / Sir, if you would like to ask more about me, please feel free to message me to my email add... [email protected]
Thank you!