Where to get some Apple Cider

Fall has come , even though it doesn't seem like it here but I have the urge to drink some good apple cider and the stores here don't seem to carry it. Anyone know of a place where a former New Yorker can get some good Apple Cider?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Tonie

I was just craving N.Y. State apples myself. Wish I could tell you I have seen it, but sadly no, so if you find some let us know. I'm from apple country in N.Y.

Will do.

I could be wrong, but I am not aware of any Apple Orchards in PR. To my limited knowledge all of them come from the mainland. But I could be wrong since I have not lived in the island for a lot of years.
Good Luck, hope you find it.

I know Rey that there are no Apple Orchards in PR. I just thought that maybe someone knew of where I can get some that is shipped in. I haven't tried Sams ot Costco or most of the supermarkets.

Maybe FreshMart in Aquadilla. they have alot of natural foods, and a good website. Check them out online first. I know they have several stores throughout the island.

Thanks will do.

If you ask the store manager for walmart, they may be able to bring it in. You can always check into amazon and see if you can get it shipped via amazon prime.

Last week I had a craving for good apples, so when my brother from New Jersey came to visit, he brought me some fresh-from-the-orchard apples.  I wonder: if I have someone else bring me a batch of apples, is there a way of making cider without a real cider press?

Hi there,
I have seen Apple cider here last year at Sam's Club but it was $8.00 per gallon so I said I didn't need it that bad.
Haven't seen it yet this year but I may have to break down and buy some even at that price.
I come from the Hudson Valley in New York in the middle of Apple country.

I've been looking too, and there hasn't been any at Costco...

Thanks for the info and I will try Sam's Club. Even at $8.00 a gallon, I will have to think about it. Maybe it will be cheaper if I have my daughter send me some from NY.

Where in the Hudson Valley do you come from? I used to live in Catskill, a million years ago and go there every once in a while. I have a best friend for over 50 years who lives there.

So I see you are in Hatillo. We are in Quebradilla, practically neighbors. Isn't life funny, how you meet people from near your home town in your new home town.

Take care,

Tonie

Thanks for checking. Costco is a little far for me but I would go there for cider. ha ha.

Tonie

Eagle81954 wrote:

Hi there,
I have seen Apple cider here last year at Sam's Club but it was $8.00 per gallon so I said I didn't need it that bad.
Haven't seen it yet this year but I may have to break down and buy some even at that price.
I come from the Hudson Valley in New York in the middle of Apple country.

We saw some at the Sams in Dallas, it was $6.99/gallon, so not that far off the price.....

There some vendors in amazon that have "amazon prime" shipping, they may ship to PR. We have shipped most of the kitchen stuff using their program, worth checking it out. Specially if you have someone from the mainland ship it to you, it will still cost more....small priority box in $12 to PR, so even at $8 still worth it...

For the past 2 years,  Sam's  Club  (Hatillo) has carried gallon jugs of apple cider around holiday time.  Be prepared to pay dearly for it, though!

Thanks for the heads up. Will go there soon.

How much per gallon?

Well I have found the apple cider in Amigo in Hatillo for $2.98 for 1/2 gallon it's not the same as NY but it does have some taste.
Good luck

Thanks, I will try to get there soon.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!

Take care, Tonie