Got an offer for 11800 Shanghai. can i save 5000rmb n live an Ok life?

Guys I don't party much... just want to live in a OK 1 Bdrm Apartment with ok food. Can I survive? Can someone show basic rent / food/ elec/gas cost .. my concern is I have to save 5k atleast

Hello abag2769 and welcome on board

I invite you to check out some other threads talking about same issue in the Cost of living in Shanghai section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

Hii abag2769.. Personally i think you can have a moderate lifestyle with 6000 yuan monthly..but it mostly depends on you..i have been to Shanghai and the cost of living is definitively higher than a large part of china..to be sure u need to know how much is the rent as it varies from rgion to region..i live in a large apart with 4 bedrooms for  2000 rmb..i guess someone already renting a place in shanghai could provide u with more info..

Thanks for answering.. Basically I made calc according to below
3000 rent
2000 daily food etc ( I vl cook myself)
500 (Elec gas interned)
1000 ( others)
Total 6.5rmb

I will look for a house near office so yes I can walk..

I just want to know if my calc looks good or there may be difference in any other component

not sure about the rent, depends about where in Shanghai you are, but the rest should be fine.

It depends on what's "ok" to you. Go to numbeo.com and enter your current city to see cost of living and then compare with the cost of living in Shanghai to get an idea...

Hi Edweena,

It's interesting to know that you are able to find a place with 4bedroom with just RMB2000 monthly? Which part of Shanghai you are staying?

Hii..im sorry..i forgot to mention i live in wenzhou not Shanghai..

we cook every day and 500 rmb cooking gas lasted us a VERY long time, I think we recharged it twice in the 3 years we lived there, but this was in Beijing.  Electricity is higher, much higher, though.