Work opportunities and formalities in Bermuda

Is it is possible to work in Bermuda if on Visit Visa as i am a skilled Labour from India

Welcome to Expat-blog, mofama2010 :)

Your discussion has been reintroduced as a new thread, thus increasing your chances of getting feedback and guidance from members.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi mofama2010

Short answer is no. Immigration is very strict in Bermuda and you cannot seek employment if you are on the island as a visitor - there are no exceptions.

Best thing to do would be to look for work here (Moderated: Link not related to job prospects), apply and go from there. Visit www.immigration.gov.bm for more info.
I have also created a post on this, which has another useful link http://bestofbermuda.wordpress.com/cate … migration/
Hope that helps!

Hi, the post was meant to direct to the local newspaper's job page but was broken - www.royalgazette.com - go to classifieds on the left navigation, click on Employment under display ads. It will show you a list and then you can click through the ads as displayed in the printed paper.

Hope that helps.

Rebecca

Hi!

Krishna from INDIA.how to get a job in bermuda?

I am a fresh MBA graduate.Plz help me/guide me to get a job in bermuda.

kicha wrote:

Hi!

Krishna from INDIA.how to get a job in bermuda?

I am a fresh MBA graduate.Plz help me/guide me to get a job in bermuda.

Hi there,

I am bermudian, born here and lived here for most of my life and I can tell you better than anyone it's very difficult to get a job in Bermuda unless you are a highly qualified reinsurance professional, generally an underwriter or actuary.

The only people that I know who are expats and not working in a hotel or badly paid restaurant work went to a head hunter agency and told them they were looking for work in several locations, generally insurance and in Bermuda or new York.

even if you apply and then...get given a job you see in Bermuda IT DOES NOT mean you will get it. Immigration reviews the reason for a company importing a foreign worker to do the job and might decide a bermudian could do it.

I know people married to bermudians that can't even work so just realize it is not easy!

HEy jobs are hard to find here anyway trust me, my friends all have masters and most of us have not found a full time job in months!!! And we have insurance experience!!!