The Most Difficult Thing to Find in Saigon : A REAL CLEANER for House

Finding cleaner is the easiest thing, because after employing 2-3 woman from country-side, many people is immediately opening a "cleaning company" here.

But finding REAL CLEANER is the most difficult thing, hence almost there is no real cleaner here.

As a result,
-Most of them are making an incredibility shallow cleaning with just touching to ONLY very visible points and surfaces of house.
-In many cases touching these surfaces are not really cleaning, they are just "moving some part of dirt" from one point to another new point in house.
-They never make any real deep or detailed cleaning. They never touch invisible or hidden points at home.
-I saw many times they even don't know which detergent is used for what. Which one is for floors, which is for windows, which is for kitchen..etc...they can be completely unaware about it as well..

3 years ago I tried around 20 cleaners ..nearly all of them were exactly as I told above..After that I found a Real Cleaner and continued with her 2,5 years...
But some months ago she moved out from city :(

Now same nightmare started again for me :(

I am living alone in Phu My Hung..
If anybody can advise a Real Cleaner I will appreciate it for a life :)

Try this link

Cannot see the link  ?

2 options :)
1-Nobody knows good cleaner
2-My post did not reach to enough people

:)

Cleaners may vary from person to person. So each cleaner has their own way to perform cleaning . 

If you know they are tackling only the visible spots, would it not be better to show them so that they can follow the way you require? That way you are helping them to do the job to your expectation.

With regards to choosing the products, as you mentioned if they are from the countryside, don't forget that they may not be up to scratch on their education, due to them not having that chance to lean  so maybe they cannot fully understand the wording on the detergents. ? Again may be if you initially identify  the products that are needed, showing them once they will learn very quick.

Good luck  :top:

During the interview let them know what will be required of them. Most Vietnamese don't do what I would consider "serious cleaning".  You will basically need to train them.

There is another factor, one that's true here and likely to be the same all over.
How much do you pay?
Peanuts tend to attract monkeys.

After much searching we seem to have finally found a good maid.
We'll give her another month to make sure, then we'll increase her salary without her having to ask.

Fred wrote:

There is another factor, one that's true here and likely to be the same all over.
How much do you pay?

We'll give her another month to make sure, then we'll increase her salary without her having to ask.

What's this.......you blokes have got maids.?

Yogi didn't know he was rubbing shoulders with the Landed gentry here.

You blokes are probably using adult sized timber furniture too. 😀

Yogi007 wrote:
Fred wrote:

How much do you pay?

What's this.......you blokes have got maids.?

Yogi didn't know he was rubbing shoulders with the Landed gentry here.

You blokes are probably using adult sized timber furniture too. 😀

Dude, I use the waitress service premier screens in cinemas - none of that hanging around, cramped up with smelly prols for this sheep.
The new Bond film is so much better with a pretty waitress delivering your coca cola and offering you a blanket so you're more comfortable in your reclining chair.

Hello,

I hope this information can help you little in finding a professional cleaner.
As I know a company which specialize in providing cleaner who was trained at the company how to clean the things in house, which part should be done first, how to wash clothes, if the family require cleaner to cook, he or she is willing to do it because they were trained from A to Z.
Unique point from this company they ensure if something lost they will find to return owner and fire that cleaner.
They are very very careful in employing their staff.
If you are considering it. let me know I will give you the contact of such company.

Thanks and Regards!
Xuyen.

Yes I look for the same thing. Need a professional service too.

You live by yourself and you spend money on a cleaner ?? I guess you don't cook either !!

MyLittle Vietnam wrote:

Hi,
I use a company is good. I give you the number phone 01.66.22.99.663

thank you..I will check it

Happy8888 wrote:

You live by yourself and you spend money on a cleaner ?? I guess you don't cook either !!

I guess it was written to me ?
If to me, yes I need cleaner, I will pay money too,  and I dont cook also...
why? ..is it surprising?

Yes , please forgive me . I am just wondering why someone who lives alone (I presume your place is not big) , and doesn't cook , needs a cleaner
Maybe I'm spoilt , but I was brought up to pick up after myself . It takes me 10 minutes to clean my floors twice a week and about the same time to put on and hang my washing out .5 minutes to wipe my table and bench tops
I'm sure you have a very good reason. , maybe a prawn farm in your living room.??

:) Hi, my name is Quela I live here in HCMC. for 3 years... And I'm from the Philippines. And I have a friend looking for a Job as a house keeper.. She have already 2 years experience in Singapore as Domestic helper, and come here in Vietnam to work for almost 1 year now, but she only find a part time jobs. But she likes to have a full time job with a good benefits.. I will assure you that's shes a good in cleaning houses...

quela89 wrote:

:) Hi, my name is Quela I live here in HCMC. for 3 years... And I'm from the Philippines. And I have a friend looking for a Job as a house keeper.. She have already 2 years experience in Singapore as Domestic helper, and come here in Vietnam to work for almost 1 year now, but she only find a part time jobs. But she likes to have a full time job with a good benefits.. I will assure you that's shes a good in cleaning houses...

Please place your friends CV in the jobs section at the top of this page. Also read the ads there.

This is my old topic which I could not get any result from Forum or from Outside Efforts to find...
Still looking for a real cleaner..but there is NO ! :(
Very difficult for me the life for a person who is living alone like me, and no have time to be busy with home :(

:( no solution yet

Show once for them. Maybe languge you transmit for them but they cann't know. So you need help by indegenous to transmit for them once .

you might refer to dependableprogress.com to find the professional maid/housekeeping.
on expat facebook I saw someone mentioned it and praised its amazing service.
I hope you will find your wanted maid.

vanphongcanhochothue.vn wrote:

Show once for them. Maybe languge you transmit for them but they cann't know. So you need help by indegenous to transmit for them once .

if you read my first message in the topic full, you can see that it is not language problem..
I wish it is only language problem..then solution would be very easy.. :(

xuyen.nguyen wrote:

you might refer to dependableprogress.com to find the professional maid/housekeeping.
on expat facebook I saw someone mentioned it and praised its amazing service.
I hope you will find your wanted maid.

tank you.. let's try :)

you at Phu My Hung so i dont know company at there. If you go to Tan Binh, i know company, they specialized cleaning for foreign. I'm Agent of Apartment for rent. So your problem sharing is help me better on my job.
Great to meet you !!!

Hi,

If that is the case, this is a good opportunity for business - I have to build a new one? Hahaha. :top:

To be honest, I have nothing to expect something new everytime I hire someone/somebody to clean my air conditioner at home. I've got 4 at home. Everytime they go and clean them one by one, they remove some parts (filters, etc.). Reasons? no need to attached it,  not important, blocks the air to enter the room, the aircon is still working eventhough it's not fixed there.

I can't help myself, but to sing the song of Bruno Mars, "Just the way you are." :lol:

Ricardo marks wrote:

Hi,

If that is the case, this is a good opportunity for business - I have to build a new one? Hahaha. :top:

Manage this HR problem and earn big Hahaha :)

https://i.imgflip.com/13otpl.jpg

One advice: You should clean your apartment yourself big boy.

haha, your post and your comments were so fun. Thanks. You know you are master of those equipments.

Hi, I can be an excellent maid!

You can try, if you are not happy with my work, you don't have to pay my hours. If you happy with it, we could make a deal after.

I'm very carefully and speak good English.

To anyone who is very confused in finding a good maid in HCM city :

I guarrantee for my work!

Thank you for your attention.
Phuong Tran

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Drop your job hunt advert in the JOBS section above please + do not share personal contact infos on the forum for own security.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Cam3r0n wrote:

Just asking because of I am curious about understanding how your mind is working:

IN YOUR OPINION, which one below is the most suiting word for your comment?
A) Funny
B) Clever
C) Helpful
D) This is the most wisecracking think I can find, so I wrote

Because of lack of time, I login again nearly after 1 month to the forum.
And I saw many interesting people here :)

One of them is saying me "Clean your appartment" ... I read his profile...In his profile it is written "My name is julien, 32 years old, I am in HCMC since few months. I give some private french courses and english discussion, looking for opportunities to work."

Other is "Teacher Mark" ..I guess he made a JPEG for me just for giving his message.
I guess he has a lot of free time ,even enough for preparing and posting JPEG image files for forums.

I wish I have free time as much as they have..BUT NOT !
And it is also seen that, they have lack of this simple wisdom :
"Before making big words on a subject, at first you need to know the subject, at least a little bit!"

This can be an area for different purposes for you both, but,
I am using forum for finding a real solution for a real matter which is important for me!
And many people is really trying to help each other here, which is matching with the soul of sharing & forum.

So, sorry boys.... But I still need a cleaner!
Julien, I wish you can find a good & busy job for you as soon as possible.
Mark, thanks for your effort and time for JPEG. I wish your students can increase more than today.
Guys,
I really don't want to interrupt your fun here,
But, at this point,
I need to make just a simple explanation.
(This is not for you, for other forum users, who may really help about the topic) :

- 1 week is 168 hours , - Sleeping is taking around 49-57 hours,  - 95% of my remaining time is always filled by working (including weekends).
- I have only daily maximum 1 or 2 hours for resting and other personal things.
- I am living alone, nobody can support house things for me except a good cleaner.
- So finding a good person who can make the things organized for me at home is REALLY VERY IMPORTANT for me !

SO, if someone can help me about it I will appreciate VERY MUCH !

Hello randsteh :cheers:

To find a housemaid, I invite you to drop an advert in the section below:

Personal and household services job offers in Ho Chi Minh City

You can also seek professional help to find a housemaid :

> Recruitment Agencies in Ho Chi Minh City

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

randsteh wrote:
Cam3r0n wrote:

Just asking because of I am curious about understanding how your mind is working:

A) Funny
B) Clever
C) Helpful

Ha haa.. this was good :)

kenjee wrote:

Hello kenjee,

I will try ASAP.
Thanks for your support :)

PS.
Actually my main purpose of posting here was telling the difficulty of finding a REAL cleaner.
As I wrote in my first message, there are many people saying themselves "cleaner" but in reality they are not!
So finding "a cleaner" is very easy here, but finding "real cleaner" is too difficult here.
The main reason I asked helped and started discussion was this.

TalhaSami wrote:
randsteh wrote:
Cam3r0n wrote:

A) Funny
B) Clever
C) Helpful

Ha haa.. this was good :)

Really my intent is just understanding :)
If A, I will sadly understand the level of sense of humor
If B, I will understand situation is much worse than I guess
If C, I will see the disconnection between thoughts & realities
If D, I will say "at least giving honest answers"
:)

randsteh wrote:
kenjee wrote:

Hello kenjee,

I will try ASAP.
Thanks for your support :)

PS.
Actually my main purpose of posting here was telling the difficulty of finding a REAL cleaner and asking help about it.
As I wrote in my first message, there are many people saying themselves "cleaner" but in reality they are not!
So finding "a cleaner" is very easy here, but finding "real cleaner" is too difficult here.
The main reason I asked helped and started discussion was this.

Hi randsteh,

I live here for the last 10 years with Vietnamese background. I found it's quite difficult to find a good maid.

There were many occasions I got my money stolen.
However, there was a time I found a good one. But she only stayed for about 2 years.

I think your case is a little simple where you only need cleaning. You can find a cleaning service company. They likely charge you monthly by the hour.

Good luck!

dannydo wrote:

Hi randsteh,

I live here for the last 10 years with Vietnamese background. I found it's quite difficult to find a good maid.

There were many occasions I got my money stolen.
However, there was a time I found a good one. But she only stayed for about 2 years.

I think your case is a little simple where you only need cleaning. You can find a cleaning service company. They likely charge you monthly by the hour.

Good luck!

Hi dannydo,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We have similar story. 3-4 years ago -after trying many service companies and individuals- I found a really good one and continued with her 2,5 years.

That time was very good for me, because she was organizing everything at home very well. And I was able to concentrate on just my work issues in my busy days & hours.

But after 2,5 years she left HCMC, and since that time I have this difficulty about separating my narrow time between "home" & "work" jobs.

After trying very long time many of them, I can say that most of the worse experience came from them whom they call themselves as "Cleaning Company" !

Because maybe on the paper there is a company, but in reality there is no any real organization!

They are just finding some women and immediately call them as "Cleaner".
They are not checking anything about them, they are not teaching even any simple point to them.

Even I am a man, I see most of the ladies are even worse than me in cleaning & in doing other home things.
Because nobody show or teach them anything before. They don't know "how to do".

Finally, these FAKE COMPANIES are just giving a telephone number to public, and if you call that number they are sending to your address one of that ladies who is very far away from knowing "how to do this job"..

So, situation is : They is NO REAL CLEANING COMPANY as well.

If somebody knows a real one, please he/she should tell me.
That is why I started this topic.

(But since many months nobody could tell any. Because situation is as I told above)

it's very simple. you seem to be an expert in cleaning so hire a good person who needs the work, pay them a good salary and TEACH them to clean to the standards you expect. Problem solved.