Norwegian Cruise Lines in Stan Creek?

Hi in looking at the real estate in Belize I came across a statement that Norwegian Cruises bought up an area in independence. This may be good for businesses I imagine but what will it do to residential living and real estate costs!'? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The cruise line is building a port on Harvest Caye which is a small island off the coast of Independence.  They have built shops and food service on the Caye so many if not most of the ship guests have no reason to ever come ashore.  The facilities on the Caye should be finished soon and first ships will arrive February 2016.    The cruise line and the government have not been very open about plans but the theory of most people is this.   Ships will dock at the island.  Tenders (boats carrying 200 people) will take people to Placencia if they want to walk around the village and shop.  If people want to take a bus inland to zip line or jungle hike or see Mayan ruins, they will tender to Mango Creek which is near Independence.  They then go by bus to the inland sites, passing along the edge of Independence.    Other than the bus traffic there is not any reason the ships should impact either Placencia or Independence,  except that there might be a lot of exposure for the area which might drive up interest in Real Estate.

Thanks for your reply.  That's exactly what I was I was afraid of. However, I'm planning to buy in 2016. I doubt that this will affect real estate values so soon