Is 5200 SGD enough for Family in Singapore.

Hi, I got offer from Singapore and they offered me S$5200 per month. I am a software engineer and have around 9+ year of experience and my current designation in India is Team Lead.
so for 9 year of software engineer is it right salary ?

In current offer they include 12 leave + 6 sick leave + my insurance.
They did not provide my spouse insurance.

In India my yearly salary is 15L (Fixed) and my spouse yearly salary is 7L.
and India I can save nearly 90K per month.

I am a medium class guys.
Please guide me should I move to Singapore or not.

In Singapore, what is rent for 1BHK house fully furnish (around 800 sq feet) near  Keng Road Area
how much monthly expense like Electricity, Gas, travel, grocery and other house hold stuff etc.

How much we can expect saving ? Please guide me

You posted the same message THREE times. Please note that once is enough!

Since the exact questions you are asking are discussed several times a week on this forum, please look for existing threads to find answers.
In short: S$5200/month is too low for your experience and job title. Furthermore, it is not enough for you and your wife to have a reasonable lifestyle. Rent alone is min. S$2500-3000/month, unless you can accept living in a sublet room/shared flat. Also, the vacation and sick leave days are less than what is normal in Singapore.
The average household income in Singapore is nearly double of what you were offered.

By the way: 15L, 7L, 90K is not understandable for most readers (Lakh is only used in India). Better write in international currency.

Hi vivek31,

You and your wife's combine earning is 21L INR, and the offer is 29L INR. I dont's know where you live in india, as your a software engineer i think maybe at Bangalore. The living cost in Singapore is 5-6 times higher then Bangalore. Now you can calculate.

Now your saving 90k INR per month. with this salary in Singapore you can hardly survive, forget about saving even 1K INR per year.

At Keng Road Area for 1BHK house fully furnish (around 800 sq feet). you have to pay minimum S$2000-2500.

With your experience, current position and salary, you must get S$10000-12000/per month. else stray at india, you will be better off.

Thanks
Ariful

Thanks all for reply.

In simple terms Vivek ,

5 k if you are single .
10 k + if you are with a family.
Education and accommodation is very expensive.
Public schools its difficult to get admissions since you are not a local.
For Private the school fees are very high .

Current exchange rate is 46 .
Still if we round it to 50 rs =1 SGD
u should earn  atleast 5L + inr per month if you have a family .
U need atleast  12 to 15 k sgd per month if you  are looking for savings.
Also the district where yoy will stay cause every district the rent matters .
Some districts are very expensive .
transport system is good so most people travel .

As beppi rightly pointed out , the leaves offered are also less .
Taxes are low .

So stay in India where you are saving close to a lac inr per month .

Regards

I can answer u in a positive note. You may accept the offer looking at the prospective of your wife too can be employed in future as you have said she was earning 7lakhs per annum.

If u take a 2BHK ( 2+1 HDB flat) in rent can be available 1900 to 2300 depends where u want to stay. Other than house rent rest are much affordable for you both. I assume that you don't have child and initially you can manage till ur wife gets her job ., believe me if you don't have smoking n drinking habit, you still can save 50,000 rupees (S$1200) per month but once your wife got job then you can save more than 150,000 rupees per month.

So take this job offer, don't forget to give me party for this positive note. :)

Thanks Beppi  :D:lol::):dumbom:

What are your views on what surya has written?

Regards

surya2k wrote:

I can answer u in a positive note. You may accept the offer looking at the prospective of your wife too can be employed in future as you have said she was earning 7lakhs per annum.

So take this job offer, don't forget to give me party for this positive note. :)

Beppi has more than 3000 posts .
But he has never asked anyone to give him party  in exchange for his suggestions ,advices .

So stop asking  people for parties man.

Mr Raj,

Hope u understand fun side of my message. Neither I'm asking to give a party nor I will accept any free meals. I never done that in my life.

I have mentioned that to make him believe that he can live a very basic life in SG and accept the offer.

In future if we will arrange any party or get together, my contribution will be equally divided with other members.

When time will come, you will see how wrong thought process you have had on me.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not copy paste multiple posts on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct