For American Expats Married to French Citizens - OFII Creteil

So, I came to France 8 months ago. I had my OFII visit. You know, the medical exam, that dreadful video you have to watch about "life in France" and I'm currently taking French classes for the A2 Delf exam. I've completed everything except the French civic's courses, which is mandatory for the renewal of my carte de sejour. I was told that they would send me a mail regarding when to go to this class, during a particular month...well, I never received this mail. So, I decided to give it a month and nothing. I'm 8 months into my visa and I'm getting quite nervous that they have forgotten something. Like, I've slipped through the cracks...anyways, my husband and I have tried to contact the OFII by phone for over a month...and we haven't received a response by email, by mail, and no one answers the freaking phone there. SOOOOOOO, does anyone know if it's possible to go to the OFII in Creteil without a rendez-vous? I'm so sick and tired of going out of my way to fix their stupid mistake, so I would like to take myself down there to get it fixed. My spoken French isn't that good but I guess I'm going to have to really push it this time...

Thanks in advance

I don't know weather you can go straight there or not without a meeting but I had the same problem and just phoned and I got an answer. I had like three or four months on my visa and they screwed up my class but they fixed it and I got a new class scheduled quickly. I wouldn't be too nervous about it but would definitely look into it.

You mean they actually answered? Wow, my hubby and I have been trying for a month and have yet to get an answer...I don't understand why this is though. Do you know what number you called? Thanks in advance!

I can't remember but if you call your perfecture you are working with they might know. All documentation is usually done through them. The French system is difficult so I'm not a 100%.

yeah, trying to call the prefecture is even worse than trying to call the OFII. Thanks though.

I know. The french system is very frustrating but just try continuously lol

Hi americangirl!

How much did the OFII medical exam cost and what was involved in the exam?