To run and manage restaurant and catering business.

I have  26 yrs of  commercial experience in banking (conventional and islamic). Out of 26 years, I was holding a  management  and senior level position for almost 20 years.

Just left the bank in July 2015.

Another area that i have interest is food/restaurant and catering business. On the side,  I also own a restaurant which has been in operations  for almost 4 years.

I am looking for a job in foods / catering business or restaurant in middle east particularly Saudi. They can let me run the  restaurant / business as a partner  or alternatively they can recruit me as an ordinary employee. I could redeploy my teams in Malaysia to introduce  exotic Malaysia/Indonesia/Singapore and Thai foods in middle east in addition to western cuisine.

I am also prepared to work in banking sector should i fail to execute my 1st plan. During my 26 years of service with one of the established banks in Malaysia, my scope of responsibilities covered branch and regional management, sales of corporate and transactional banking product which include project and trade financing. I also involved on product development, syariah and credit risk and relationship management.

I believe  the experiences that were accummulated over a such long period could be beneficial for sharing  abroad.

I am an  MBA graduate from UK's university.

Many Thanks....

Hi dzainal,
Please post in the JOBS section of the forum where you can also search for suitable employers. 

Good luck
Z

Hi Xeeschan

Tq vm for the suggestion. Definately will do. However I  cant find JOBS  section. Is it under "work".Tq

No problem.

Are you using the website on computer or cell phone?

I m using cell phone..

In that case, click the three lines in the top left corner before the Expat-blog logo.
A menu will slide open.
You will see JOBS in that section.

Let me know if this helps.
Z

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-east/saudi-arabia/

I win on the "making it easy for someone" poster of the week award.

Hi Xeeschan
It works well. Tq for the help.
Z

Glad I could help
Good luck

dzainal wrote:

Hi Xeeschan
It works well. Tq for the help.
Z

Oh the award!! You don't have space on your wall for another one, man...

PS: What was that quote about feeding a man vs teaching him how to grow his own crops...
:cool:

Fred wrote:

Hi Xeeschan
Just to get your opinion. What do you think if I visit Saudi and advertise my job application in the local news paper . I can meet the employer if they ask for interview. Tq

Dzainal
I think for any sort of interview you need an appointment first. I'm not sure many employers read newspapers looking for candidates, it's usually opposite.
Now almost every thing is online. You can search for prosiwctivd jobs and apply online while you wait for interviews. Personally, for me, going to a country without any option available and waiting for an interview for a job that you don't have as yet doesn't seem practical to me.

Hope this helps
Z

dzainal wrote:

Hi Xeeschan
Just to get your opinion. What do you think if I visit Saudi and advertise my job application in the local news paper . I can meet the employer if they ask for interview. Tq

Hi Xeeschan
Tq for the opinion and suggestion.
Zainal.

Xeeschan wrote:

Oh the award!! You don't have space on your wall for another one, man...

PS: What was that quote about feeding a man vs teaching him how to grow his own crops...
:cool:

Fred wrote:

Something about giving a man a crop and he'll eat for a year and stop a westerner getting fat, or teach a man to hunt and he'll kill Cecil the lion.
I'm fishing around in my mind for it.

No problem Zainal
Good luck
Z

dzainal wrote:

Hi Xeeschan
Tq for the opinion and suggestion.
Zainal.

Oh too much GMOs talking here Fred... Monsanto is to be blamed...  :dumbom:

Fred wrote:

Something about giving a man a crop and he'll eat for a year and stop a westerner getting fat, or teach a man to hunt and he'll kill Cecil the lion.
I'm fishing around in my mind for it.