New Labor Law

Does anyone know what the New Labow law says about a contract termination by an employee? Any chance to get out of slavery without being banned?

You need to fulfill any of the following to change your job

1 After the completion of contract (2 years)
2 An offer letter which shows a minimum salary of 6k for under graduates and 12k for graduates.

Or else you will get a ban for 6 months. Even if you are on ban, you can work under free zone visas

It all depends on how badly your new employer needs you. And also how good established your new company is..for an example, there are certain companies (especially "group of companies" ) where they have multiple business entities going on. Then yes if they think you are an excellent candidate, they will go out of the norm , get you under one of their freezone companies, and get you the job. ( I'm speaking through experience on that by the way).

So the best thing is to have a good relationship with your former employer as well (No matter how insensitive they treat you ). Keep it totally professional with them (if you cant, at least try). Then also have a word with the new employers, if you are still on the job hunt to switch from the old company, be prepared to answer the question on why you are leaving the current company.

In a nutshell the rule is what the above comrade shanafashyaana has outlined.

Pro tip- Keep your graduation certificate certified and stamped by the embassies.

Even though these bans are in place, there are numerous legal ways where you could get employed. But the way you handle the interview, and the strength of the new company that you planning on joining plays a vital role. (For an example, if you get an interview in a simple 5-15 staffed trading company, no matter how awesome you maybe in terms of skills and experience, they cannot do much but turn you down saying you have a labor ban implied. On the other hand if the same scenario happens at a well established company which is also a part of a group, provided that you convince them that you are worth the effort of going beyond limits, they will do such a free zone thing, and base you temporarily at a freezone branch or work you under the free zone visa itself.)

Apologizing in advance for an extensive and going a bit too off topic but as someone who once beat a ban and switched jobs, I thought you could use some tips. Please feel free to inbox and I could even get some names and contacts involved as well.

Cheers,
Raju

windealer wrote:

It all depends on how badly your new employer needs you. And also how good established your new company is..for an example, there are certain companies (especially "group of companies" ) where they have multiple business entities going on. Then yes if they think you are an excellent candidate, they will go out of the norm , get you under one of their freezone companies, and get you the job. ( I'm speaking through experience on that by the way).

So the best thing is to have a good relationship with your former employer as well (No matter how insensitive they treat you ). Keep it totally professional with them (if you cant, at least try). Then also have a word with the new employers, if you are still on the job hunt to switch from the old company, be prepared to answer the question on why you are leaving the current company.

In a nutshell the rule is what the above comrade shanafashyaana has outlined.

Pro tip- Keep your graduation certificate certified and stamped by the embassies.

Even though these bans are in place, there are numerous legal ways where you could get employed. But the way you handle the interview, and the strength of the new company that you planning on joining plays a vital role. (For an example, if you get an interview in a simple 5-15 staffed trading company, no matter how awesome you maybe in terms of skills and experience, they cannot do much but turn you down saying you have a labor ban implied. On the other hand if the same scenario happens at a well established company which is also a part of a group, provided that you convince them that you are worth the effort of going beyond limits, they will do such a free zone thing, and base you temporarily at a freezone branch or work you under the free zone visa itself.)

Apologizing in advance for an extensive and going a bit too off topic but as someone who once beat a ban and switched jobs, I thought you could use some tips. Please feel free to inbox and I could even get some names and contacts involved as well.

Cheers,
Raju

I hope you have more experiences in this. So, I respect your opinion. The fact is I haven't paid much care about this rule even though I know it. It's only because this rule is not applicable for the company which I work with. (We all are expats and we are learning the things through experience). But I have quoted it as a general practice in this country. Thanks for the information  :)

Yes we all are learning from each other here  :)

Thank you for the reply, but it refers rather to the old labor law than to the new one.

Bella2011 wrote:

Thank you for the reply, but it refers rather to the old labor law than to the new one.

Check PM..

this is the old labor law, They kick the new one from Jan,1 2016

Bella2011 wrote:

this is the old labor law, They kick the new one from Jan,1 2016

Will you explain?

Read mass media.

Bella2011 wrote:

Read mass media.

I would have intimated if there's any amendments in rules regarding changing the sponsor. So far, I haven't any.

If you have a Degree , all you need to ask your company for is a "Letter of Release. If you face any problem just go to the ministry of Labour in your city .. they will help you . If you have no degree you need to wait till the end of your contract. Also go to emigration office and inquire more at the typing center.. they know to guide you too.

Good luck