Tim Hortons

To the Canadians out there, most of you know how much we love our coffee. I know there is a Tim Hortons in Riyadh but really how good is it??
I tried the one in Dubai and I was very disappointed, it tasted nothing like the one in Canada. I also learned that they don't know what coffee cream is! they use milk on everything. do they have cream in Saudi?? and how is Tim Hortons there??
Also what kind of coffee do you usually drink?

maybe u need goo to starbux u will hv it i like turkish coffe or black :))

The closest to an authentic Tim Hortons u will find is in Dubai.

live.ali wrote:

^^ Yea that...the French vanilla **** here, don't even bother with the donuts, and bagels is pretty much non existent.

I had complained about it on Twitter and Timmy management contacted me next day asking how to make it better.

And it's overpriced.

mardini wrote:

maybe u need goo to starbux u will hv it i like turkish coffe or black :))

most Canadians who are Timmy fanatics dislike starbooks ... and the ones that like starbooks consider Timmy to be poor mans coffee.

:D

It is on tahlya st. here in riyadh
Try it out and judge

the bagels are alright at TH, the coffee is meeeh - I take black, but I do miss half and half at times

hamudi wrote:
live.ali wrote:

^^ Yea that...the French vanilla **** here, don't even bother with the donuts, and bagels is pretty much non existent.

I had complained about it on Twitter and Timmy management contacted me next day asking how to make it better.

And it's overpriced.

I got addicted to French Vanilla ! I wonder why they are not big outside Canada.

live.ali wrote:

I got addicted to French Vanilla ! I wonder why they are not big outside Canada.

word of mouth, addicts, ads, etc

Nono3series wrote:

To the Canadians out there, most of you know how much we love our coffee. I know there is a Tim Hortons in Riyadh but really how good is it??
I tried the one in Dubai and I was very disappointed, it tasted nothing like the one in Canada. I also learned that they don't know what coffee cream is! they use milk on everything. do they have cream in Saudi?? and how is Tim Hortons there??
Also what kind of coffee do you usually drink?

i found the coffee in tim hortons good here in Riyadh (Al hayat mall). but it's just me. taste preferences differ between people.

yes there is cream and coffee cream in Saudi.

i like black coffee or americano. what kind of coffee do you drink?

I love my coffee with cream, the liquid cream not powder, is there a specific brand that sells it?

At times you will be able to find Coffee Mate liquid creamer in the refridgerated import section of markets like Danube, tamimi, & Manuels. Be sure to double check expiration date though.

Canadian friend who loves TH says coffee is meeh, but she loves going in to have the homey brown hues.

Hello

I always drink americano coffee but when I tried Tim Hortons last time in Hayat mall, I took the original tim Hortons coffee. Just being at Tim hortons make me feel good.

Only at strurbucks I choose latte or mocha sometimes.

It tastes NOTHING like Canadian Tim Hortons! I was so disappointed after waiting so long for it to open. The bagels are always stale. The coffee, too.
Sad times

The coffee and sandwiches from tahliya timmies aint bad. As close as it gets. But bagels, that ish is stale. And coffee wise, always ask for the freshest pot, cause they usually go from oldest to newest and don't have that 20min rule.
My suggestion for good convenient coffee along the same standards, Arabica coffee shops(drive throughs basically) at a lot of gas stations. Bright orange place. Take their cappucino. Its always made fresh to order and the only plase ive found that gets it right.
Other than that, get a tassimo machine and capsules next time ur back home if ur as desperate as me..... :)
Drink responsibly ;)

Haha I have a Nespresso which I'm bringing with me but I still like to have a freshly brewed pot of coffee! What about coffee cream have you seen that around at all?

Yep. Depends on where you live it could be far, but danube and tamimi first exit then left at the light, after exit 8 on northern ring road has liquid creamers, since im assuming you're not amused by coffeemate. I think i even saw the baileys one :)

i guess too late to respond..
i was quite regular at the Tahliya one bearing with all the traffic and parking woes.

but it has been pretty shite and i would not be arsed to go there ever again. i know a bit about the company who owns the franchise here in saudi and no surprise they would do everything to save quids.cheap ba*****

I just look forward to when i fly back to Canada and have it as much as i can

I tried a few of the locations in Riyadh and they were all garbage. I'm in Canada now and enjoying every sip of that timmies coffee! Seriously, it's amazing lol lol

lol. 
am i jealous?  dont answer that :)

if you havent had fresh nutella pockets early morning as yet,you need to work on life ambitions again. haha

Don't forget Nutella cookies. Oreo Stanley cup donut and Nutella donut.

Gosh. Timmy Ho is da man.

Hi there, not Canadian, but been living in the ME for some time... it is difficult to get the quality of Tim Hortons back in Toronto and most coffee shops here are a mere reflection...I am currently in Doha and still searching for that perfect sample...
Keep trying...
M

French Vanilla of Tim Hortons is hard to find anywhere else (except Buffalo or Michigan area) in the world.....

Just loved it......

even the ones around Buffalo and Michigan area is meh