Oman rules on expatriate workers

Is it  true that  an expat wife  doesnt have the right to work  in oman  due to Omanisation
thankx

REEMBAR wrote:

Is it  true that  an expat wife  doesnt have the right to work  in oman  due to Omanisation
thankx

Hi REEMBAR,

No, it is wrong.

Yes, there is a temporary ban on the hiring of expat women for a number of white collar jobs. But nothing is officially stated though.

Nurses, housemaids, female tailors, beauticians, engineers, doctors, lecturers and some other categories are all exempted, as long as the employer can prove that these jobs cannot be held by the locals.

Please read the forum on this subject, where numerous discussions have already taken place.

Hi Sumitran
tahk you for your kind reply
Do you have any idea about banking  jobs ?
Regards

Hi REEMBAR,

Unfortunately, you are inquiring about the wrong sector !!

Banking is one industry where Omanisation is pegged as high as around 98% !

That means except a handful of expats, who usually will be at the top of the ladder, everyone else would have to be locals. So unless you are a decision-maker material, getting an entry into a bank nowadays would be next to impossible.

Hi Sumitran
what a chance !! I'm Trade finance officer and i have experience of 5 years and speaking fluently arabic french and english. Aactually, i already got an good offer in one reputable bank in Qatar but since my husband find position in Muscat we will move to oman for couple of years.
I really want to continue my carrier  in the banking field,but if it's impossible in Muscat at least i have to find something on the same level.

Hi sumitran
please i want to come and work in Oman and i heard that you must  be invited by someone or a company and i dont kown any company in there.please i need your help

Hi everyone
do you have  knowledge about the process of client approval from civil aviation authority ? Is a month normal duration or delayed? But please note that this process is not a work permit or visa process. Its an approval from the client of the firm that I have draft contract with. Thanks in advance