Health Insurance for Non-Eu Spouse?

So we (me UK citizen, wife non-eu) are starting to apply for our e-residency and of course we need to prove we have the right health cover.

I will be applying under the RHA but my non-eu wife will need health insurance, which we already have anyway from our non-malta based insurance provider.

My question is does anyone know if the insurance has to be through a local insurance provider or will our overseas provider be good enough, and if our overseas provider is good enough what will they need as 'proof' that we have coverage.

TIA
Rob

It had to be comprehensive cover - no stipulations on company but if the documents are not in English you will need to get notarised translations
But if your applying for the rha it should cover your spouse at least as far as I know

Thanks Rob

From the application form for RHA it stated each family member has to apply separately and as my wife would fulfill the terms of the application (as she won't have a UK passport) I thought it didn't apply to her.

Anyway we are going tomorrow to try and get it sorted out, we both have worldwide medical coverage from outside Malta way in excess of the RHA and whatever they could ask for so I think its just more a question of bureaucracy than anything else but will have to see what is needed to make them happy.

Rob

So finally got the RHA sorted today.

First of the RHA application form available for download on the Malta gov site turns out to be the wrong one, as is their address and opening times!

Not to worry, as ever people here are really helpful and courteous.

The Entitlement Unit is now located at St Lukes Hospital in the main admin block just through the gate.
Parking is practically impossible, we spent more time trying to get parked than we did applying for the RHA!!!!

I am a UK CItizen, my wife is a non-EU/non-Uk citizen.
No problem, they said we both could fill out the RHA form as long as I could show them our Passports and Marriage Licence. Done.

Took about 15 mins to complete the new form and get issued with a Provisional Certificate valid for one year.

At the end of the year if we have our e-residence card sorted we then can apply for a full RHA which is valid for 2 years and renewable.

So now with that certificate we can apply for our e-residence!
We are almost there!
Rob

thanks for updating i thought your spouse would be covered .- now my biggiest tip possible DO NOT DRIVE into valletta when applying for e-residence cards - if possible get the bus and walk from bus station to the office