Tourist visa

please help me i need some advices here. im charmane from philippines and i want to go to belgium as tourist to visit my boyfriend. what is the requirements i need to get a tourist visa?

If your boyfriend is Belgian, I am sure he can arrange this :) OR are you planning a surprise visit ? :)http://countries.diplomatie.belgium.be/ … a_belgium/   Official website.

Generally for short term visits you have to provide the below.

-> Travel documents
-> Prove your purpose of visit (tourism, or whatever applicable)
-> Proof of accommodation during your visit.
-> Prove that you will go back after the intended stay.
-> Proof of financial support for the travel and stay.

The embassy website provides related info.

can i use my employment certification as a proof that i will go back to my country? how many months do i need to wait for the result of my application? the proof of financial support of my travel is that a photo copy of my bank account?

-> Yes, your employment certificate can be used in that regard.
-> Bank account statements, credit cards etc can be shown for financial support.
-> How long for a decision: I have no idea. You may search for fellow Philippines citizens in this forum who are in Belgium and check with them how much time did it take.

If you check this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=351224 , you can find some users who may help you with some info from their experience.

It is a tricky thing - mentioning your boyfriend in your application might indicate immigration intent even if that's not what you want to do. In India at least, for younger people of marriageable age - often mentioning that they have a love interest abroad counters the reasoning that one would be willing to return to their home country in time. It doesn't mean that young people with boyfriends or girlfriends don't get visas, it just alerts the visa officer who is interviewing/ reviewing your application.

Your best source of information regarding visas from your home country is the Belgian Embassy there. There can be other rather oddly specific requirements too - like police verification certificate, health certificate and even a vaccination card, god knows - depends from country to country.

It may help if you are already well traveled and have returned in time from your previous travels.

Love will always find a way, all the best.

Indeed very good point., any mention of your boyfriend will only complicate your file handling :)

Just go for a tourist visa.