Tell me your job interviews experience in vietnam

I just did my first job interview here, and the feeling was the same that a criminal can feel while being interrogated by the police. If that is the way interviews usually are... Well, I'm a bit scared. Since the language is a big barrier, I may not be able to do it. Maybe is an usual way to test the composure of the applicant. Or maybe it was just any kind of internal fight between my interviewers. I don't know. Therefore, I beg you.

Please, can you tell me your experiences? Advices are also welcomed.

Monihon wrote:

I just did my first job interview here, and the feeling was the same that a criminal can feel while being interrogated by the police. If that is the way interviews usually are... Well, I'm a bit scared. Since the language is a big barrier, I may not be able to do it. Maybe is an usual way to test the composure of the applicant. Or maybe it was just any kind of internal fight between my interviewers. I don't know. Therefore, I beg you.

Please, can you tell me your experiences? Advices are also welcomed.

I've never met a nervous Spaniard.

Your post is very vague on any details.
What kind of business did you apply?
What position were you applying ?
And what kind of questions were they asking?

Not had a problem myself.
Been to interviews at average businesses,armed with every document I could find,fresh haircut,starched stiff clothes and a tie. Did great professional interviews.
Result?  No job.

Been to interviews at high level corporate businesses,with only a basic CV,dressed quite casual and certainly no tie.
Had a casual relaxed chat with interviewers.
Result? Jobs,jobs,jobs.

The language barrier is no excuse.Unless of course you don't speak English well, or the interviewers are expecting a foreigner who speaks Vietnamese.
This is like a job interview.You know what it looks like,but you just don't know what to expect.
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/musket1.jpg
The image is for entertainment and educational purposes only

trankimhoang020892 wrote:

where u come from?? which job r u apply??? where do you stay ?? this is my phone number ************, if u need me help to find a job  or a good place to stay, dont hesitate to contact w me !! call me Kim

You're in the wrong area of Expat Blog, Hoang.
The OP doesn't need to rent a room or a house from you. That is your job right?
They are asking for any thoughts on job interviews.
Expat.com Vietnam is NOT a free internet marketing source. Nor is it a Fakebook page to self promote(unless it is in the correct directory of this site).

Real Estate agents the world over are always looking for an opening to suck someone in.

trankimhoang020892 wrote:

where u come from?? which job r u apply??? where do you stay ?? this is my phone number ************, if u need me help to find a job  or a good place to stay, dont hesitate to contact w me !! call me Kim

Hello Mr KIm,

Yogi had a very bad experience when he applied for job as a Bee Keeper. 🐝

They chased Yogi away with a broom. 😥

Maybe Yogi can stay at your house until he gets another job.?

:|

Thank you Jimbream, it seems that you have experience in searching for a job here, and this is not usual, right?

The problem was just the language. I'm not good, and I think that they were also not very good. Even so, I can not imagine an interviewer acting like that in the countries I had been living until now. If you are curious, they was like “you are wasting our time!”, “you are a liar!”, (not literally) and I had very few chances to defend myself. I was really trembling!

Well, if someone else wants to share experiences, feel free to do it.

To get helpful answers you need to give more information. Considering you and the interviewer don't speak fluent English, I'm guessing there was some miscommunication.

jimbream wrote:

I've never met a nervous Spaniard.

Lol...

How about you watch the next important game in a Spanish bar, then you'll see!

Monihon wrote:

I just did my first job interview here

I'd wait and see if the second one's different.

If you follow those very basic rules jimbream wrote (which I assume you had already done on the first interview), I'm sure the second one will be different.

In this case, you just need to go to as many interviews as you can, so you'll learn through a couple of "bad" interviews. That's it. No pain no gain.