Food and Common food brands we know and Love

Hi all!

So I'm in desperate need of info about what types of foods are available in big cities (specifically Astana). I'd also like to know what is the biggest supermarket chain in Astana? Is it Рамстор (Ramstore)?

Is Nestlé (Danone) yogurt (including liquid yogurt) available? What about Nestlé breakfast cereals like Corn Flakes and Cocopops?

What about Marie Biscuits?  100% pure juices like orange and apple? Are those readily available?

Sports drinks like Gatorade and Powerade, are those easy to get in supermarkets?

lastly I'd like to know what type of fruit I'd be able to get in November in supermarkets? Apples? What else?

I'd appreciate any of your help from personal experience/memory of seeing these products on shelves.

Hi all!

So I'm in desperate need of info about what types of foods are available in big cities (specifically Astana). I'd also like to know what is the biggest supermarket chain in Astana? Is it Рамстор (Ramstore)?

Comment: In Big Cities in Astana, you get a lot of breads. Turkish and German style bread. Normal white and brown breads. In restaurant, you get sushi, pasta, Pizza easily. There are many Italian, Chinese and Japanese Restaurants. Of Course, you will get many Kazakh, and Uzbek foods. They are mostly meat (horse, cow, sheep) and home made pasta (made of wheat flour).

Supermarkets Chain in Astana are Ramstore, Small supermarket, And Astana Shop. One of such Astana Shopy is located in the building of Park Inn/Radisson. You can check in Google Maps. There is "Metro" in the outskirts of the City.

Is Nestlé (Danone) yogurt (including liquid yogurt) available? What about Nestlé breakfast cereals like Corn Flakes and Cocopops?

Comment: Yogurts are in different Form. They are called Torak, Smetana, and Kefir. There might be other varieties as well. You need to see and choose. cereals like Corn Flakes and Cocopops should be available but no idea about brand.

What about Marie Biscuits?  100% pure juices like orange and apple? Are those readily available? Comment: Different Biscuits are easily available. All Juices are available. Easily and readily available.

Sports drinks like Gatorade and Powerade, are those easy to get in supermarkets? -Comment:  It might be little difficult but I have not much idea

lastly I'd like to know what type of fruit I'd be able to get in November in supermarkets? Apples? What else? Comment: I am yet to see November here. But, Apple, Oranges/Tamarind, Banana, Grapes, berries are always there. There are different berries

Final Comment: May be 10% of things that you are looking for may be hard to find, otherwise, it is not a far away kingdom to worry. There are many online shops coming and they should be able to deliver.

I'd appreciate any of your help from personal experience/memory of seeing these products on shelves.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your help and the information that you shared with me! Awesome!

Dear David, you will get all type of food what expats need, there is big expat community here in KZ, you go any big store like MEGA or Interfood things are avaible to your choice.

What I saw on the shelves was that most of the items are available but you have only few brands to choose from. One thing which I couldn't find was creme for pasta (Not sour, but regular creme). I frequently visited Anwar (анвар) supermarket and it is not up to expectations!