What benefits to have friends in contact list?

I don't understand the benefits we can gain from keeping the contact list. No picture sharing. No personal details sharing. At least why we can not see the big version of the profile picture of our friends?
I suggest you to open some facility to chat among friends with sharing pictures & greetings easily. And also some special emoticons only to share among contact list.
It will be also worth if we can maintain picture albums to share with friends- if so we need not to use our emails

Hi mal, :)

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We take good note. ;)

mal wrote:

I don't understand the benefits we can gain from keeping the contact list.

Apart from the emothingies, I like that post.
I never use emotions. :)

On the contrary, I like the idea of 'some special emoticons' as proposed by the OP.

On a serious note, yes the CONTACTS section can really be updated. At the moment it just serves the purpose of a collection of names.
Z

Fred wrote:
mal wrote:

I don't understand the benefits we can gain from keeping the contact list.

Apart from the emothingies, I like that post.
I never use emotions. :)

I deleted the most contacts of my wall of fame because it seems useless indeed. People want to be connected and then you hear nothing from them.

@ Mal: I am so sorry that I neglected you for a long time but I promise, I make it up with you very soon.
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Primadonna wrote:

I deleted the most contacts of my wall of fame because it seems useless indeed. People want to be connected and then you hear nothing from them.

I have loads, but nothing comes of them either way.
I didn't bother to do anything with them, and still accept friends requests from anyone with a posting record.

Still, I can see how the idea in the OP could work for a good few people.
One possible problem - could it make life easier for scammers and sex pests?

Primadonna wrote:

@ Mal: I am so sorry that I neglected you for a long time but I promise, I make it up with you very soon.
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

He heee its ok. I never forgot you Pri + you have never deleted me from your contact list yet.  :D

The main benefit of having a contact list is when you wish to send out a bulk message in the private message system.

We can't send out a copy & paste message to several people, that gets our mailbox locked out by the Automated Anti-Spam System.

You can send the same message out to 20 different members if they are on your CONTACT LIST. You just type in their user names one after another on the message form, then type your message just once in the message box. When you click on the SEND button, it will generate a separate conversation chain for each member with the identical message.

Cheers,
James

James wrote:

The main benefit ...
Cheers,
James

The main and the only??? :D

Meet other expats and join the events

OR