Emigration question to another country

I would just like to know.I am emigrating to Romania ,I am married to him ,but we married abroad ,which we will legalize when i get there.For emigration purpose and for us to legalize our marriage is i need to know. They want me to go to an Apostle to state to them i am not married in South Africa.Is it the same thing going to the police station to write a statement of oat .And what is an apostle here cause usually i go to the police station here in this country. I dont understand.

Alencia123 wrote:

I would just like to know.I am emigrating to Romania ,I am married to him ,but we married abroad ,which we will legalize when i get there.For emigration purpose and for us to legalize our marriage is i need to know. They want me to go to an Apostle to state to them i am not married in South Africa.Is it the same thing going to the police station to write a statement of oat .And what is an apostle here cause usually i go to the police station here in this country. I dont understand.

:unsure

I thought I already answered this question,  Well ok, I found the answer for you, but really you should be able to find this information easily with a search in Google.  It's Apostille, not Apostle....which is a convention regarding the certification of authenticity of documents.

First you need to contact the Department of Home Affairs Republic of SA. You need a letter of confirmation of marital status/letter of no impediment which costs Rs50 (http://www.home-affairs.gov.za/index.php/fees), 

Second, you must submit that document along with your birth certificate or any other official documents aside from passport to be legalized (Apostille) at the Department of International Relations and Cooperation - Legalisation section (http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/legalisation.htm) There is no charge for the service.

Both steps mentioned here, do not take place a police station from what I can gather. 

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Hi

I am South African

I got married in Brasov Romania last year. I will give you the basic rundown of what I needed to get married . I know you are already married but I presume you would need the same documents to register your marriage in romania.

1) letter of non impediment  ( you can get this at the home affairs department )
2) unabridged birth certificate  ( note  it has to be unabridged certificate ) this took about 6 weeks to receive so alow yourself enough time.
3) the birth certificate needs to be notarized by a Lawer then  taken to the court and get apostle stamped. I had mine stamped at the Johannesburg high court. But phone and make an appointment.  This took 2 days to get it back.

I would  say your best bet is to get your Romanian husband to call the town hall where all marage certificates  are issued  and ask them for all the documentation needed  to register your marriage.  Supply as much information as possible, as when you are here it can be very stressful if you do not have all the documentation needed.

You will also need to have all the documentation translated into romanian and notarized here in romania by a notary

Hope this helps

Regards
Shaun

Thank You

I am sorry i dont know how it got back here i thought i was on the South African Expat dont know how you received it on the this forum ,but now it makes sense thank you for your help.