All things Expat and the trials of living in the Santrap

Hi Folks. Welcome me with open arms, i am flailing around in the dark here... I moved here in May. I have a husband that brought me here and kids that go to school here.. so its just me that's on my own in the quest for like minded people...

I tried facebook, and all i got were dirty minded arabs looking to add a little spice to their boring routine of bedroom salt and pepper... ICK!

So I find the Expat.com and I'm thinking this may be the place! Though I am not actually "white" American, I do call myself a proud Texan, since Houston is home for me. I am the proverbial baby raised by the global village...

My entire childhood was one international school after another in one asian country after another (well just two), much like the experience many of your children are going to have.

I am a Muslim, and we have roots in Pakistan, but don't be quick to stick a label on me and comparmentalize me with the fundo's and such. I am the band leader of the 4th of July parade!!

Would it be too much to ask for a quick introduction of from y'all? I dont happen to live in a compound and my neighbors like to keep to themselves.. This is me putting myself out there...

I am social and an enthusiastic hostess... mi casa is your casa! my french is better than my spanish!!!

Hello?? is anyone out there???

Hi Naz, welcome to the forum... i dont read much but i should say u got some talent to write about yourself, which i think is the hardest thing, apart from ur spanish and french... me in a hurry now, i think all will welcome u in here... see ya later... ciao

welcome to the 1001 Arabian Nites
FB is OK if you know whom to add and mingle with
this place is great, we have some wonderful people who will, I am sure, rope you in to the bandwagon
enjoy!

Hi shahab! Thanks Much... will definitely enjoy getting to know people on here!!!

Hi Music Man, Thanks so much for replying... how long have you all been here?

Wizard - Welcome to the Forum and to Riyadh!  I'm sure you will find the community here is lots of fun and there is always something to do, especially for the Eagles (ladies)!  :D  Be sure to stay with us and add your input to the threads...  You'll def have some fun!

Lets plan to have coffee this week if you're available.  PM me and let me know when you are free and we can meet some where.

this isnt fair! even the guys shud get a share! Naz, as u mentioned u r "social and enthusiastic hostess" let us see that! ;)

we cud ask Z for another Coffee outing?

That i am, Shahab... let me get my bearings straight and it is on!

Welcome to saudi...hopefully you will settle in fine. Going by your post, I believe that you will get along fine with my missus. :)

Hi Naz,it was interesting to read about u and btw i love your display pic,its really cool.Expat.com is good place to live in.We have met wonderful people through our Blog and FB is fun place too but it depends on your activities.I keep uploading ,commenting and sharing a lot and quite addictive :)
Anyways Welcome :)

thanks Nonz, its in Paris, outside the Louvre Museum! i hope to make my experience with expatblog a great one that carries on outside the computer realm as well!

You can start by inviting everyone for a dinner at your place, we love to eat free food

@sly shooter: LMAO!!! brilliant way to invite yourself over!!! so understated and subtle! i dont mind being the host at all!! it will have to wait for a bit, as i went on "vacation" the minute i moved here and am scrambling to get a bearing on things!

i am assuming you'll be offering your well craffted dishwashing services if i am to prepare the free food???

wizardofnaz wrote:

i am assuming you'll be offering your well craffted dishwashing services if i am to prepare the free food???

Well, no doubt I am good at it, but we can divide the task e.g. i will be incharge of eating & talking and some other professional can provide the washing services.

hey slyshooter we share the common thoughts...

welcome......

Welcome...it's such a delight to read a great introductory OP like yours.  Welcome to the forum.

About me?   Too much has been said already.  It's all here somewhere.