10-20kbps internet speed! help!

Hi guys. I currently residing in riyadh and im having problems with my internet connection.a

i bought an stc 3month unlimited data sim which ive been using for a month without hassle. A week after a month of use,my internet speed was down to 10-30kbps from.the usual 1000kbps to 4k.

Does stc have a fair usage policy even for unlimited internet packages?if so how many gb per day or month? I tried reporting the issue but up until now,no response.

thanks

I have the same problem ... Since many years  :dumbom:

yeah wonder if there is an answer to this.. what is their stupid policy, because all stc-ers are struggling

I was actually thinking they have a cap plan for their unlimited plans too but not just admitting it. 200 to 400 kbps i can do with that but 10 to 30 is just too low

Yep they have a cap, 10GB download max aka fair usage policy.

Hamudi is it 10 or 100gb?

I think its 100GB/Month or 25 GB/Week.

Hi mariem last month i was able to use around 50gb and this week im already 48gb. I was thinking since its the 7th should my internet speed be back to normal tomorrow?

Do you have the data sim or the 4g router?

AFAIK, speeds till 10GB should work like charm, anything after that should deteriorate....

Mariem88  :kiss: long time no see boo!

hamudi wrote:

Mariem88  :kiss: long time no see boo!

When will you stop missing beautiful women ;)

ElaiMarie wrote:

I have a 4G Router, but my usage is not that much, for a month I consume on an average 25-30GB :)

Mariem88 wrote:

When will you stop missing beautiful women ;)

To be very honest, I don't miss them, you're an exception.

:D

Now back to topic...u guys seriously killing the bandwidth...what do y'all watch/download ? make up sessions by L'oreal , MAC ? damn...

Just binge watching on some series. Hehe. Tried contacting their chat support and they insist that unlimited is unlimited. I get it that it should slow down to 2g after the consumption of a certain amount but i gues 10 to max 30kbps is ridiculously slow.

Mariem88 wrote:
ElaiMarie wrote:

I have a 4G Router, but my usage is not that much, for a month I consume on an average 25-30GB :)

I looked up on the internet and now they no longer offer the 300sr for 3months unlimited internet. Maybe they already included my plan on the 55gb limit per month but when i check on al jawal.net it still shows that my subscription is unlimited and its valid for 54days

Ml7 wrote:

I have the same problem ... Since many years  :dumbom:

Whats your current internet speed? Is that the unli 4g router or a data sim

Yes I had the same problem, somehow I am successful in sorting out, but how crap is this, you should aware the users regarding your so called fair policy of unlimited users, it happened with me last time too when i had 3months unlimited subscription.

UmairMansoor wrote:

Yes I had the same problem, somehow I am successful in sorting out, but how crap is this, you should aware the users regarding your so called fair policy of unlimited users, it happened with me last time too when i had 3months unlimited subscription.

How.many gb did you consume before the internet slowed down

Get the fiber optic cable for faster speed from STC. More expensive but worth it. Wireless routers don't do very good and are worse depending on where you live.

yes every ISP has fair internet policy on 4g or 3g. they are giving 50 to 60 gb monthly basis or less they always tell you unlimited but its not actually unlimited. only dsl connection is unlimited not 4g 3g. if you have more downloads you better go for adsl connection or if you want to take your internet where ever you go then zain is better.

Same thing is happening to me. There are times that the connection is good right after i used the sim,it took 5days after i experience the hassle of downloading...😡 any ideas on how to fix with this matter??

Mariem88 wrote:
ElaiMarie wrote:

check if you have wireless open (without pass key) ... may be other people are also using your connection.

How can I know what is the fair usage policy apply? Some say 10GB and some 100GB.

ylon8 wrote:

How can I know what is the fair usage policy apply? Some say 10GB and some 100GB.

fair usage policy applies to unlimited

It happens as you have only 15 GB per week