Immigration of Indians to South American countries

All Indians reading this

Argentina and most South American countries are NOT meant for immigration specially for people holding Indian passports.

Why?

1. Tough to get a tourist visa

2. Even for locals their is a scarcity of jobs

3. The salaries are very low. do not expect to make more than 500 us$ a month

4. Do not expect a job without very fluent Spanish speaking and Spanish understanding skills.

5. If at all you can try for a job in one of the various Indian restaurants. Their are about 7-8 Indian restaurants in BA. Always short of chefs. You can try a job here if you are in BA and earn about 500 us$ a month. You will work about 12 hours a day.

So, overall South America is a place to have fun if you are a rich man, retired with money. Its not a place to relocate to start a new life, for gods sake!

Yes, if you are poor. You can still come here provided you hold a European or American passport, you can speak fluent English, you can speak some Spanish, you are not too old. You can share accommodations, you can eat local food( Indian food is expensive). etc etc

For relocating out of India, try Canada, USA, Uk, New Zealand etc

Hello Captain_Tiger :)

Your discussion has been reintroduced as a new thread.

Regards,
Sheetul

Wowie! I always Liked south America..Im thinking of going there. I am of Indian Heritage but I already have the birthrite US passport so that isnt a problem. c:

ThaiFood wrote:

All Indians reading this

Argentina and most South American countries are NOT meant for immigration specially for people holding Indian passports.

Why?

1. Tough to get a tourist visa

2. Even for locals their is a scarcity of jobs

3. The salaries are very low. do not expect to make more than 500 us$ a month

4. Do not expect a job without very fluent Spanish speaking and Spanish understanding skills.

5. If at all you can try for a job in one of the various Indian restaurants. Their are about 7-8 Indian restaurants in BA. Always short of chefs. You can try a job here if you are in BA and earn about 500 us$ a month. You will work about 12 hours a day.

So, overall South America is a place to have fun if you are a rich man, retired with money. Its not a place to relocate to start a new life, for gods sake!

Yes, if you are poor. You can still come here provided you hold a European or American passport, you can speak fluent English, you can speak some Spanish, you are not too old. You can share accommodations, you can eat local food( Indian food is expensive). etc etc

For relocating out of India, try Canada, USA, Uk, New Zealand etc

Very well said my friend! I am improving my spanish skills. I have a good sense of aquiring language! Que Bueno Yo puedo! c: This is a very good post, and people should understand that..I really want to come to Urugauy after some time. I want to  pursue a career there.

It sounds quite real... But I would say the problem is not with Indians... Everyone who is not fully qualified will suffer same fate in a country where unemployment is high...

Argentina as well as the southern cone (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and southern Brazil) are in fact a very interesting destination, particularly for professionals of a lot of fields (particularly in the Tech sector where there's an important shortage of workers ) with good jobs that pay well both in Pesos and US dollars. Plus, immigration policies are very liberal and comprehensive, the society is quite progressive on personal freedoms and with a good job one can achieve a high standard of living. It's not a paradise but definitely it's not the hell hole you're trying to make people think it is, by just looking at HDI reports everyone can realize it.